high speed vibration

limequat

Dissident
Apr 1, 2005
Detroit
It would narrow it down if you could tell us if it is relative to engine speed or wheel speed.
Run your 60 mph test in 4th gear, 5 gear, and report back.

F_T_F

C2H5OH
Nov 12, 2006
fort fun, colorado
limequat said:
It would narrow it down if you could tell us if it is relative to engine speed or wheel speed.
Run your 60 mph test in 4th gear, 5 gear, and report back.
did that its present in 4, and 5, at 60 mph and above. all though i do have a new symptom to add. i heard a squeking when the clutch starts to enguage comming form the mid section of the car. im about to go remove the drive shaft and take a more indepth look at it

F_T_F

C2H5OH
Nov 12, 2006
fort fun, colorado
Riddle me this batman, went to go take off the drive shaft to start my inspection and the first thing that I saw was the bolts that bolt up to the diff were loose, 3 out of the 4 to be exact all hanging on by mere threads. Took the drive shaft off anyway to check it, every things fine u-joints and center bearing are all ok. Reassembled it and took it on the road, no more vibration problem solved thanks to every one for you help. time to go enjoy the day supra style

limequat

Dissident
Apr 1, 2005
Detroit
F_T_F said:
Riddle me this batman, went to go take off the drive shaft to start my inspection and the first thing that I saw was the bolts that bolt up to the diff were loose, 3 out of the 4 to be exact all hanging on by mere threads. Took the drive shaft off anyway to check it, every things fine u-joints and center bearing are all ok. Reassembled it and took it on the road, no more vibration problem solved thanks to every one for you help. time to go enjoy the day supra style

I had the same thing happen to me. Did you put loctite on?