High Def War is finally over.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
SupraOfDoom;924581 said:
laugh. You know thats a load of crap. The average consumer is far from ready for this... srsly just stop.

Plus look at the quality comparisons to VOD and AppleTV, Blu-ray is easily better looking then both...

Downloads are great for renting.
not crap all media is losing to downloads

http://www.newsweek.com/id/107549

I think the average user is ready. With more and more people having broadband internet available its really easy. All the said user needs is the correct player and they can play HD rips on the pc like you can watch dvd rips on the pc.Only thing the average user might not have is a hd compatible monitor(crt)

Dont get me wrong i am glad one format is pulling ahead so we can get some standardization

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I can see it being ready in about 5 years. The average tech nut is ready in a way... people like me with 15mb down and 9mb up... with big harddrives. But your average joe ( J6P Joe Six pack ), far from it. Broadband isn't that great in most area's... it would still take the average person HOURS to download movies. Believe it or not Broadband is also not every where in the world... and how many people have enough storage space to download tons of high def movies?

With one standard high def media ( Blu-ray ), there is no need to rush into something that the average consumer is far from ready for.

Personally, I think most people including myself would like to have the media in hand, with the cover ect. In 5 years or so downloads will be the thing, but BR is most likely going to be the next media of choice.

HD-Media Sales are on the rise, and DVD sales are on the decline.

Go on any forum and make a poll about how many people are ready for HD downloads over media. The number wouldn't even be that high on the INTERNET.

IRACEMYCOPCAR

HOLSET MAFIA HX52
Jan 27, 2008
SOUTH CAROLINA
I dont have either, and maybe im nuts but from what ive seen from looking around at different demo's ive noticed that blu-ray is MUCH sharper and better picture quality than HD-DVD, i thought it was the tv at first but i looked around at different tv's to make sure and i couldnt understand why anyone would even consider HD-DVD, to me there wasnt much difference from a regular DVD????

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Well, it also depends on the title. The reason I like www.highdefdigest.com so much is because they review picture and sound quality on every title. Some the transfers are NOTICEABLY better. Although, I agree with you... certain titles aren't that great on either. But yeah, whenever I saw HD-DVD and Blu-ray being demoed at BB BR looked noticeably better. But, probably because all the HD-DVD units run on Toshiba TV's AFAIK.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Thank god the war is finally over. I do believe that we will eventually be going to download media, but that will be next generation. This generation will be going blu-ray. I have dealt with ISP's and truth be told most people are not ready for full media downloads. Bandwidth in the united stats is still very limited, epically when you consider the type of strain that hi-def content would place on the existing infrastructure. plus many people are still on 56K, many can't even get good speeds. The distribution network is very well equipped to deal with discs, and hard media. The infrastructure is still a few years out for mass digital downloads. It's a nice idea but a little premature.