High Def War is finally over.

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
Fuzz420;924081 said:
Doesnt matter, blu-ray/hd-dvd and standard dvd will all lose to download. Why would i want a silly disk when i can dl the same content for cheaper off the internet(im talking legally)

Not everyone wants to set up a box with enough storage to set up to thier HDTV. Or hose thier bandwidth by DL movies all the time. It's a lazy thing.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Murd;924127 said:
It's a lazy thing.

Thats funny because I say the same thing about going to the store and buying things. I can set up a few downloads, go out and come back to completed content.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
foreverpsycotic;924168 said:
Thats funny because I say the same thing about going to the store and buying things. I can set up a few downloads, go out and come back to completed content.

Actually going out someplace is lazier than doing the setup and then having the machine complete the other 99% of the work. Yes.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
swaq;924246 said:
Who said you have to go to a store to buy things?

Where else would you buy them, that guy on the corner with the bootlegs? It is still a store if its online or you need to drive to it.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
amazon.com

best place to buy dvds and bluray, just need to watch the sales and the "gold box" deals. i got the sopranos complete collection (every season, including the 6.5) for $199. locally it's sold for over $500...

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Fuzz420;924081 said:
Doesnt matter, blu-ray/hd-dvd and standard dvd will all lose to download. Why would i want a silly disk when i can dl the same content for cheaper off the internet(im talking legally)

laugh. You know thats a load of crap. The average consumer is far from ready for this... srsly just stop.

Plus look at the quality comparisons to VOD and AppleTV, Blu-ray is easily better looking then both...

Downloads are great for renting.

Jervis Mcstabby

Puddin Pops!
Jun 21, 2006
Where Indeed, CA
www.myspace.com
I agree with Joe that downloads will eclipse all other methods...eventually. When America's offering OC3 speeds at cable prices, then a 30gb+ Hi-Def movie/game download won't really be that out of the question. Probably the next score or so...