hey guys

banzai

Jan 24, 2009
in a house
hows it going? I bought Miggles ex mx73 turbo in jan (7mgte) its pretty good for what it is, Im from perth in w.a. and plan to turn it into a lowdown cruiser.. so far it has a high flowed 26, 3inch dump to cat and 2.5inch exhaust, untuned SAFC (one day.. one day) its Auto :( stock diff.. little bit of rust in her but ill get that fixed and it has saggy shocks woohoo

p1248055_1.jpg

p1248055_2.jpg

I have a small problem atm with my AFM, I cleaned it out with a carby cleaning product and managed to give the sensor a little bath hahaha oh well.. it obviously didnt work when i put it back on, so i left it in the sun and it dried out, put it on gave it a rev and it idled fine and revved instead of being in limp mode :D but it has heaps of flat spots and doesnt go as hard so maybe ive done some real damage to it? If anyone has a Lexus AFM they want to sell (and dont mind shipping) i could be interested, ill put a wanted add in the right section later ;)

hope to learn more about the hated 7m, ive been lurking and reading all about oils so far its been good..

-bc

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
Looks like a pretty clean car,damn they're ugly all stock.lol
The 7M is a great motor,the biggest weak link is the prior owner,well maintained they last quite a while.Welcome to the forum,and enjoy the Cressy.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
banzai;1248055 said:
I have a small problem atm with my AFM, I cleaned it out with a carby cleaning product and managed to give the sensor a little bath hahaha oh well.. it obviously didnt work when i put it back on, so i left it in the sun and it dried out, put it on gave it a rev and it idled fine and revved instead of being in limp mode :D but it has heaps of flat spots and doesnt go as hard so maybe ive done some real damage to it?

The Karmman-Vortex setup in these AFM's is notoriously unforgiving to things like carb cleaner. You likely cooked the electronics or messed up the mirrors in it.

Welcome aboard.

banzai

Jan 24, 2009
in a house
thanks for the warm welcome guys.

miggles (bloke i bought the car from on these forums) loves 7m's and took care of the motor so it shouldnt be too much of a problem i hope, he wasnt happy when i told him about the afm hehe oh well live and learn..

cheers

-bc