help me solve this driveshaft argument

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
Nothing to argue about ...... the rear shafts of the tranny's are different. Use the drive shaft designed for your trannny. I believe there are 3 different one please correct me if I am wrong

I personally did a small little test while i was swap from an auto to w58 and just recently (less that 6months) I swapped from a w58 to r154 and this is what I found ...... You wont be able to slide the r154 drive shaft into a w58 however u can slide the w58 driveshaft into a r154 but there is alot of slack ........ Try it if you want to. Your car will look just like the link shaeff posted.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
shaeff said:
for a long time, i wanted a 1pc driveshaft. now i don't. too much risk involved, methinks. i'll stick with my heavy 2 piece and aluminum flywheel.

-shaeff

+1

The front halves of the driveshafts are different for the R154, W58 and A340. Disassemble the DS, get the front half you need and go. Replace the center carrier bearing since you've already got the DS taken apart. Trust me, yours is probably shot.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
pimptrizkit said:
yeah it would, but i would imagine the 2peice would fold under the car faster and snap off, or atleast wouldn't shove the rear end as high when it sticks to the ground.

mythbusters did that, it would just bend the shaft, no lifting the car, especially in the pig MK3.

tomjan87

Apr 18, 2005
Madison, WI
hey if you need the front part of a driveshaft i have one. I have the whole thing, but the center bearing is out of it.

just let me know
Joe