Help me decide: Zeitronix vs. Innovate/prosport

Which Wideband/gauge configuration should I use?

• Zeitronix

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Innovate + ProSport Gauges

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Well, thanks for all of the input. I just purchased the Zeitronix unit with Black LCD display, EGT sensor, and Boost sensor. I should be getting them on Friday, with a bunch of other goodies. Hopefully I can start the long task of getting the car back together this weekend...

Dan88t

Jun 12, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Someone mentioned that the Zeitronix outputs a simulated narrowband signal so it can replace the stock o2 sensor, the Innovate does this too doesn't it? I'm in the middle of a rebuild/build-up and just starting researching my wideband options...

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Well, I got the Zeitronix delivered on Friday. Once I get the car up and running, I'll let everyone know how the install went.

Just from an aesthetic standpoint, I am happy with the size/look of the display. Unlike most people here, I really don't like the look of aftermarket gauges all over my car.

I was afraid the display was going to be too small to be a useful monitor, but it is bigger than expected. I shouldn't have much of a problem glancing at it when driving. I think I will set up the warning alarms as well.

It looks like the narrowband switching point will be useful. Is anybody using this feature? I will be tuning with a NEO and was wondering if the Zeitronix would supplement it, or just be redundant. I am also assuming that it is preferable to use the narrowband output rather than the factory narrowband, is that correct?

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
I've got some links in my sig you might like.
If you want to use the narrow band switching point, you will have to use the zt-2 narrow band output. They didn't have the switching when I got mine. I still use stock o2 for TCCS.
The NEO and ZT-2 are not redundant. You will use you data from the ZT-2 to configure the NEO.

Did you get the warring LED? They didn't have that yet either. From what I understand you can wire in a fuel cut if the warning activates.

If you get a SPDT switch, you can have your display to switch from boost, if you got boost sensor, and VF on the fly. Very handy ;)

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Thanks for the links, I will try to digest that tonight.

Yes, I wasn't really asking if the NEO and ZT2 were redundant (as I have them both). The question was whether using the narrowband switching point would be redundant (as the NEO will be used to tune AFR).

I guess the real question is whether I should use the simulated narrowband output if it's going to be tuned with the NEO anyway. Meaning, will the simulated narrowband be more accurate than the factory narrowband. My downpipe has bungs for both, so I was just wondering if it had any benefit.

I haven't ordered the warning alert yet, I was going to wait and see how much it was needed, based on visibility.

mmarkk

ShoarmaTeam Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Netherlands
the simulated narrowband signal works fine, if you have a 89+ your ecu might store an error code(i think it senses there's no o2 heater anymore)
but still it works perfect
And isnms: the unit might be upgradeble to the latest type, they told me once $35 for an upgrade(was before the alarm/trigger type though)

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
Yeah, I did the upgrade once when they came out with user selectable output. I think it was $35. Had to send display unit and control box for upgrade. I just haven't checked into this upgrade yet. I really like the warning LED. It will trigger without notebook or pda logger connected.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
My 89 works perfectly on simulated narrowband. Is it any more accurate? I doubt it, both are probably very similar.

The benefit is you can tune with the ZT-2 with the adjustable switching point.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
isnms said:
Before you ditch your stock o2 completely, consider the life span of the wideband sensor. As it deteriorates or when it fails your ecu has poor or no o2 info.

Yeah, I don't have a problem leaving the factory narrowband in - in fact, that was the plan.

The question is, does the narrowband simulation offer me anything that I can't do with the NEO?

I am not really up to speed on the NEO or Zeitronix, as they are sitting in boxes awaiting the reassembly of the car. I will figure it out eventually, just wondering if there were any thoughts on whether this feature is worth setting up or not. My thought is that while it may be a nice feature, the NEO is going to take car of whether the car is running lean/rich anyway (the narrowband switching feature deals with AFR at closed loop idle, is the NEO going to be active then?).

I assume most of you guys leave the wideband in permanently? (rather than just using it for tuning). Mine is going to be a little closer to the turbo than optimum (basically about 3 inches aft of the narrowband sensor rather than 16" away from the turbo). Any idea on what the longevity of the sensor is going to be?

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
mkIIIman089 said:
...take good care of it...
How do you do that?

Want to see something mine did after about 2 1/2 years. If it was supplying my ecu with narrow band signal, I don't know what would have happened.

edit: Oh, if you do decide to remove stock sensor; there is a resistor mod that will keep the ecu happy. You'd have to search for it cause I don't know where the info is of hand.

p685970_1.gif

Last edited:

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
That is a small section of the log. When I got back to normal cruising it would be.

edit: This example is only put out for consideration. Everyone should do what they decide best. I kept stock sensor.

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
stock sensor doesn't last long either...expecially the cheap ones you get online...

good thing I'm in good with a dealer and got a brand new OEM one for about the same price as a no-name brand one I was running that lasted less than 6 months...