Hello,

unfairlane

Oct 19, 2008
nj
Hello new to the forum but not new to power. I have been building cars since I was 15, Im now 27. This is the first Supra I have owned but not the first one I have worked on. I started as a Muscle Car guy, but later started learning about imports, I soon relized that I am not a clasic car guy, I am not a import guy, I AM A FORCED INDUCTION GUY!!!! My baby is my 67 Ford fairlane, yes its a v-8, and yes it is being turboed this winter, car makes 450 on motor, going for over 600 on 6 PSI. NOw my supra is a my freinds old car. It was an 89 auto, but now it has the 7MGTE with a 5 speed w 58. The motor was pulled and rebuilt with ALL arp bolts and studs, head torque to 75ft lb. NA cams. Car has mark IV rims with 275s out back. gr2 and has been lowered. I had to source a wiring harness to get the car to run, but still have not fired her. I still have a bunch to do. I installed 2.5 intercooler piping onto an after market front mount. I also am making custom intake pipeand my own mandrel 3 inch exhaust. Nice thing about working on cars all these years I CAN weld and fabricate expensive parts cheap. The car came with a bunch of goodies such as a lexus afm. Kicker is I traded my 87 5.0 for this supra and a 04 Harley, so I really got the car for free! I am hoping to have her running soon. I am on the lookout for plug wires and a lsd rear if ya got one let me know. I will get some pics posted soon and hopfully drive real soon. Laters!:icon_bigg

unfairlane

Oct 19, 2008
nj
http://www.fordmuscle.com/forums/makin-progress/467987-project-unfairlane-twin-turbo-2.html

Here is a link to pics of the fairlane. I will get pics of the Poopra soon. I got her to run today now I have to fix all the damn broke coolant temp conectors. I need to figure out the minimum I need and roll with it, also have to figure out which wire is for dinosaur pressure, and I found a oil galley plug missing, and I wasted 3 quarts of oil real quick today. Ha go figure. Any who let me know what you guys think of my other car and I appreciate honest opions, and please don't hate on her to bad, she can hug a corner and go in a straight line too. Later Peeps!

unfairlane

Oct 19, 2008
nj
As promised pics of supra... I included one of my other baby too. I will get more pics later of the frount mount and exhaust I build later!

Attachments

• HPIM0540.JPG
    HPIM0540.JPG
    404 KB · Views: 13
  • HPIM0541.JPG
    HPIM0541.JPG
    404.6 KB · Views: 6
  • HPIM0542.JPG
    HPIM0542.JPG
    425.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 8

OkieRA29

Oct 22, 2008
Oklahoma City
That fairlane is SICK!! I always liked those two years the best. I think you need to paint it like Mario Andretti's stock car. Blue body, red uppers and gold roof. The choice of wheels is good to. I love that you call it the Poopra:icon_razz If you are looking for an LSD, there are a couple of parts supras on craigslist here in Oklahoma. You might be better off looking for a parts car. Sometimes, that is the cheapest route. I that it is with my 76 celica.

pgiller

Boost addict
Sep 16, 2008
Licking MO
The sup aint in that bad of shape, what r your plans for it? Looks to me to be a great start on a forever project.lol

unfairlane

Oct 19, 2008
nj
Plans for the supra is to be a daily driver, that makes 400hp. For now I am just trying to get her to idle right and cruise her at stock boost for a month until I work out all of her Toyota demons. Wiring sucks, but I do electrical work in the AF so I aint scared!!! I have a lexus afm , but that will go on later with 550 and a SAFC. Car aleady has the front mount and hard pipe, and the motor has been rebuilt so Yeah it is a great start. I just have alot to do, the tach doesn't work since it use to be a na car, and my oil pressure and water temp are no workie also. I hope to build the exhaust this weekend, and go for a cruise areound the block to see how she does. Bramd new motor so I need to get the rings to seat, and then beat the pisss outta her!!!!! And guys thanks so much for the warm welcome, other forums I go on have some seriously viscous people, and with me this aint my first rodeo. I don't care what name is on the side of the car, you make it fast it is going to break. I love/hate them all!!!