Hello

1Smooth85

Nov 4, 2009
VA
Hi I am new to the forum, I have been lurking around on here looking at others projects and trying to come up with ideals to make my own project unique. I have a MKII supra with a 1JZ with stock twins in it I also have a Volvo 245 Wagon with a 1JZ also and I have another Volvo 245 Wagon that I am currently collecting parts for to drop a 1uz-fe in. I am a decent fabricator and have a good deal of knowledge over all but some times I have a few questions however, I always use the SEARCH function and exhaust all avenues before asking the semi off the wall questions. Glad to be a part of the board and hope to learn a few things here.

Michael

1Smooth85

Nov 4, 2009
VA
I will post some photos of all of my cars later this evening when I get home from work. I'm not sure how you guy's will respond to the Volvo but it is a unique project and I love it. You should see some of the looks I get from people when they move to the other lane at the stop light to get from behind the slow Volvo LOL. 85 Supra 1jz in avatar

1Smooth85

Nov 4, 2009
VA
Here are a few pics of 2 of my many projects, I will get better pics up soon. Tell me what you guys think. 1984 Volvo 240 Wagon and 1985 Toyota Celica Supre both with 1JZ running on Haltech E6X EMS.

p1559485_1.jpg

p1559485_2.jpg

p1559485_3.jpg

p1559485_4.jpg

p1559485_5.jpg

p1559485_6.jpg

Michael

Last edited:

1Smooth85

Nov 4, 2009
VA
Thanks for the nice comments guy's. I would just like to say that I have read a lot of the post from the SME's and really like the way info is shared on this site. There are some forums out there that could learn a thing or two from spending a lil time here. Being a MKII nut I have owened one since 1986, I Love Supras over all however, the MKII is my favorite by far. The MKII does not get as much RESPECT as I feel it should among some crowds but oh well. I have been a member of celicasupra.com since 03 and I hang out on that site most of the time. One of my co-workers always talks about this site so I decided to join and take in some of what he talks about. Again thanks for the nice comments. If I feel i have something to add you can best believe I will put in my .01 worth.

Michael

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
Welcome to SM. Beautiful MKII there. Looks like the Supra my Dad wanted, but had to settle for a Celica GT back in '85. I loved that car.

And the Volvo looks like hell. (No offense) The only thing that even tries to give you away there is the painted brake calipers. I can only imagine the stunned look on people's faces when that sucker takes off from a light with gusto.

1Smooth85

Nov 4, 2009
VA
Dingoboy;1560178 said:
Welcome to SM. Beautiful MKII there. Looks like the Supra my Dad wanted, but had to settle for a Celica GT back in '85. I loved that car.

And the Volvo looks like hell. (No offense) The only thing that even tries to give you away there is the painted brake calipers. I can only imagine the stunned look on people's faces when that sucker takes off from a light with gusto.

Thanks for the compliment on the Supra and I know the Volvo looks like Hell, I hear it at least once a week from my wife. I also get a lot of compliments on the wagon, if you noticed the plate says CRY LATER thats for several reasons 1) it looks like shit and people laugh now, also when a wagon waxes yo ass from light to light and you are to embarrassed to pull up @ the light I figure they are laughing at first but in the end it aint so funny. For me I really don't care, would you go brag about out running a Volvo Station Wagon? Yea thats what I figured. Anyway everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect yours. Once it's painted it will look better in my opinion. In the supra world it aint much but, in the turbobrick world it's kind cool.LOL