head bolt torque specs

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
jdub;1043956 said:
LMAO...Sir, I swear she told me she was 20!

BTW Jay - I didn't know the ARP spec was 70 ft/lbs for the 1JZ (I assume using moly). Is the spec the same for the 2JZ motor? Just curious since you're using a IJZ head on a 2JZ block.

Yes, I just bought a brand new set for the 2jz. I bought the arp studs, and with the moly lube it said to torque them to 70lbs. and I think it was 80 with motor oil. I wanted to go to 80, but I felt they knew better so I only went to 70lbs. I'm about ready to retorque them, and I guess I'll just go to 70lbs. again.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
You can go to 70 or slightly above if you wish Jay...most wrenches are only accurate to 2-3 ft/lbs anyway. Just don't go 10 above ;)

And, thanks...that's good to know. It's something I've always wondered about...on the 7M ARP bolts are limited to 75 ft/lbs due to the aluminum head. 2JZ studs are stopped at 70 ft/lbs. Seems there's a trend here...makes me wonder why the 7M is 10 ft/lbs higher for the studs :dunno:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That's easy...........It's so they can handle all of that torque............:icon_bigg

There, I said it for you just like you wanted.............:biglaugh: