hazards/ headlight sprayers shut off engine?

agp1183

Oct 31, 2006
Lansing, MI
Whenever I hit the hazards or the headlight sprayers with the headlights on, the engine shuts off. Doesn't happen with the headlights off. When I am driving, I will lose all power and coast everytime the hazards flash or the sprayers try to kick on. With the car off, I can hear the headlight sprayer relay buzzing.

Another problem that might be related is that both front turn signals come on when i turn on either signal, left or right. The rears work fine. When the headlights are off, the front turn signals are really dim, but the rears are fine.

I am totally lost on this one... anyone have any ideas?:1zhelp:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
That is a little odd. Somehow you are providing a seperate ground for the ignition or EFI, before the load component. Or something like that. Any aftermarket electronics been installed?

Does it restart immediately?

theprodigy79

Irish Cream
Mar 5, 2007
Centreville, VA
Check your headlamp relays. They can cause some REALLY funky symptoms if they go bad... I had a relay go bad in my Solara... The car would stall whenever I had the lights on, a turn signal on AND my rear window defrost on... If I had my lights on and I used one of the two (either a turn signal OR the rear window defrost) my drivers side headlamp would dim completely out... but as soon as I put the other on as well the car would completely stall out, whether driving or idling...

Last edited:

Burntz

Sold the Supra
Apr 20, 2007
Nebraska
Lol, shit sounds funny. *Driving down road, friend decides to hit flasher button, car shuts off*

That'd be great :D

DaSuprawolf

Im SICK of N/A
Dec 29, 2005
ChicagoLand
man, theres been some really crazy electrical problems with our cars on here lately. really weired stuff like your problem here. good luck!