Has anyone used a HUD in an MKIII?

C.44

Apr 7, 2005
Behind the keyboard...
It's a nice gadget and maybe someone could get used to it, but i for sure wouldn't. I'd rather look down on my gauges but once you've driven a car for a certain period you just know how high you are revving and how fast you are going (or at least have a decent idea ;) ).

The idea basically is just a mirrored LCD display with a damn high output that reflects in the windshield. The only thing i'd use it for was as a warning thing, like oilpressure or watertemp ;)

e90suprat

Mechanically challenged
May 8, 2005
Douglasville, GA
They are pretty neat, but the novelty wears off after a while. Also the aftermarket huds mount on top of the dash in front of the steering wheel, unless you cut your dash for a recessed fit, which would be a pia. Having that box sitting on top the dash imo would look kinda cheesy, especially when you dont have much room up there to start with. I looked at getting one too, but decided against it, it's all a matter of personal preference.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
yeah, its got a box that sticks on the dash, and a small square of some kind of reflective film kinda like window tint that you apply to the windshield. defi makes it and its not that expensive, id try it and see how you like it, if not, put it on ebay like everyone else.

N

NDBoost

MassSupra89 said:
Here it is in a C5 'vette
02CorvetteHUD.jpg
as always a C5-C6 vette would probably be one of the few reasonable cars id trade my supra for.