hahah Banned from SF

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I got banned for 30 days... well 3 originally for advertising my for sale posts... then they bumped it up to 30 when I made a new account and posted in the thread about me being banned :). It was good times.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Not sure at what point you got banned, but they said it over and over what would happen if somebody said something. So you pretty well knew what was coming when you made that remark. I've seen some banns come straight out of left field over on SF, but you could see that one coming like the noon train.

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
lol he's probably the reason everyone got warned...

I dont go on SF...

never have..

this place is enough supra for me. ahhah

that and there are too many 14 year old poser fanboys, and dickheadded MK4 owners there...

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
yea i agree the comments were in bad taste, but many more comments were made about the police officer who accidently killed himself thread. where's the "line"?

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
Some of the mods there are racist. I remember i was in a thread once and someone posted how black people cause all the violent crime. I said well white trash aren't much better sometimes. And sure enough the comment was removed. I tested the theory again and said something else about white people and it was removed again. But the black comments never got touched. LOL they are all texans right?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
They let so much bullshit go on there.

And don't even get me started on the search function... Without being able to search, the so called center of the online Supra community is next to useless. Only good for reposting and post whoring. The same questions get asked constantly now without search. There's alot of useful information in the archives but way too hard to access without search. The yahoo/google search does not work very well for me.

I still use it but I would not be sad to see SF drop off the face of the earth.

Ckanderson said:
^I made my comment BEFORE anyone was warned.
Warning or not, you knew you were putting yourself in harms way by cracking jokes in the thread about a member's death thread.

I'm not defending their rules. Just saying I know you weren't surprised that you got banned.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Is it just me, or by eliminating the search they are basically stealing all the time and effort people have put into posts that actually contain usefull information for the community?

I don't see a problem with them banning tards though. :biglaugh:

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
I said encouraging stuff and got perm ban. I had it LONG coming I guess since I'm a "known scammer" who refunds people their money and lets them keep the items.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
OneJoeZee said:
Warning or not, you knew you were putting yourself in harms way by cracking jokes in the thread about a member's death thread.

I'm not defending their rules. Just saying I know you weren't surprised that you got banned.

Like I said, I knew my comment was in bad taste. After they told therm and I to stop, we did.

and Aaron: :thefinger

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
bigaaron said:
Is it just me, or by eliminating the search they are basically stealing all the time and effort people have put into posts that actually contain usefull information for the community?
Basically... I was looking for some old threads in the 1J section since the SF 1J section has been around a few years longer than the SM one.

Couldn't find jackshit just trying to go back page by page, thread by thread.

It's really sad. Forums much larger than SF work fine with search.

SF goes down for an hour every night around 1-2AM. I still don't know what's up with that.

SF is like a large empire that's destroying itself from the inside out... Think Rome and other like empires. Never conquered from outside until the damage was done inside.

I think there's a MKIV specific site like we have SM and MK2s have celica-supra. Me thinks, the more time goes by, the more member's will start posting less and less on SF. What's the point of giving so much helpful info on SF if it can't be researched at a later date? Someone will ask again later and your post is a needle in a hay stack.

supra_g

Aug 8, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
TurboWarrior said:
Some of the mods there are racist. I remember i was in a thread once and someone posted how black people cause all the violent crime. I said well white trash aren't much better sometimes. And sure enough the comment was removed. I tested the theory again and said something else about white people and it was removed again. But the black comments never got touched. LOL they are all texans right?

This is BS...shouldn't be happening (of course everyone knows it happens a lot).

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
It happens quite often.

Alot of thinly veiled racism and prejudice is allowed to go on there.

Threads and posts disappear all the time without notice.(instead of just being locked)

The same things you could post on SF and not worry would you get perma banned here with the quickness.

Not all the mods and admins are bad. I like a good number of them. But IMO, a certain amount of 'corruption' runs deep in the Supraforums "powers that be"

They'll delete your sig if it's too big, yet mods are allowed to have sigs half the page size and nothing is done about it.

Being a mod on SF is like being above the law. It really is. That kind of thing doesn't really happen here. Being buddies with certain mods puts you above the law as well.

Last edited:

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
Kinda starting to sound like LS1tech....I only go over there to look at the for sale section, and see if any new posts are in the 1JZ/2JZ swap section, that weren't posted on here.

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
supra_g said:
This is BS...shouldn't be happening (of course everyone knows it happens a lot).

Listen to Joe. Thats what the situation is over there. I hardly post there. I think ive posted 4 times in the past year. No point getting involved in anything they do. You just risk being banned (not that it really matters) or cut up by people that have no idea what they are talking about. I just use the forum for info.