Guitar Hero II

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Freebird is "hard" no doubt, but it's essentially just repeated patterns really fast. It's definitely not the hardest song in the game. Six WTFpwns Freebird in terms of impossible the first time you play it.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
My second job has a demo of GHII (well, did) in the electronics dept... That's all I played was Madhouse, needless to say, I could ALMOST get 100% on it on Hard.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Six by All that Remains on Expert = Carpral Tunnel Syndrome + Anurism

My best score thus far on Six/Expert is 75%... but my note streaks aren't long enough to build any decent score. Infact I'm lucky to break 25K...

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
helppppppppppp :(

i can't get hammer ons and pull offs to work

i get them flawlessly in the tutorial but whenever i try them in a song or even in practice mode it doesn't work... and i'll never get psychobilly freakout etc

any tips... known probs with it not working?

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
suprra_girl said:
woohoooo i got 204k on war pigs on medium
i'm happy coz i beat a couple of people on my friends list i've been trying to beat for a while hehe :D :D

Oh its on. Im taking the top!

Edit: Fux that, I didnt know the song was like 20 minutes long. Im gonna go dip my fingers in some cold water, second place is fine...for now :evil2:

Last edited:

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
suprra_girl said:
helppppppppppp :(

i can't get hammer ons and pull offs to work

i get them flawlessly in the tutorial but whenever i try them in a song or even in practice mode it doesn't work... and i'll never get psychobilly freakout etc

any tips... known probs with it not working?

Alot of notes in medium are simply too far apart for hammer-ons and pulloffs to work. The notes have to be very close together for it to work. If that's not the problem, your timing is probably just off. Slow a single riff down in practice mode and nail them a few times, get the feel for the timing, then try it faster.

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
Keros said:
Alot of notes in medium are simply too far apart for hammer-ons and pulloffs to work. The notes have to be very close together for it to work. If that's not the problem, your timing is probably just off. Slow a single riff down in practice mode and nail them a few times, get the feel for the timing, then try it faster.
yea i did find that... on another song i was actually doing pull offs ok :D so i will do as you suggested... practice practice practise hehe.. i had to do that for salvation as my timing sucked real bad for those first few grouped notes that then join to make a chord

thanks dude :D

TOMA70E said:
Oh its on. Im taking the top!

Edit: Fux that, I didnt know the song was like 20 minutes long. Im gonna go dip my fingers in some cold water, second place is fine...for now :evil2:
lmao.... oh... i kinda beat that score last night, it's now 214k :D :D have fun with that ;)

GT: suprragirl :)

The Evil Twin_7MGE

*edit* -gte
Oct 26, 2006
NJ
Haha how didn't I see this before? I've been addicted for the last few weeks, I gotta get in on this competition! GT: Havok MA70