group a throttle body

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
drjonez is this one i have the same as yours reason i ask is it is the item that came with my gpa engine and would like to sell it but would prefer some confirmation as do not have standard on to compare it with and would not like to sell any body something that was not the genuine article even though i know my engine is i just presumed the tb was as it came to me as a package if that makes sense

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
you need the measure the back side, where it mounts to the intake manifold. if that's 65mm, then it's a turbo A TB. other than that there isn't much distingushing it from a '89+ TB. the entire casting is larger, so it's easy to mistake it for a normal '89+ TB.

EDIT: just looked @ your pix again. that's a <'88 TB (note the adjusting screw), i'm guessing just a stocker. measure the back side to be sure.

here's a turbo A TB (right) vs. a stock '89+ TB:

front- note how the difference is hard to see. note that the entire casting is larger, it's not just a bored out stock TB.
tbstop.jpg

back- note how the butterfly + opening are larger, the difference is more obvious here. again notice the difference in casting.
tbsbottom.jpg

Last edited:

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
i reckon i know what ive done put the old one on by mistake and chucked the other cause had three two with gpa engine and original one and i sold the other with spare standard head that i had might not have been one of my better ideas.
oh well least have 100mm now

Attachments

• MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 23

Djon

May 8, 2005
Steve it would be a real bummer if you threw out the GPA TB, some lucky person probably has it and doesn’t know what it really is :icon_cry:

How on did you manage to get your hands on the GPA motor, it is very uncommon indeed :yum: Was it from the Tom’s race car team back in the day?