Greddy turbo timer.

Dejvid1785

Boostaholic
Jan 27, 2008
Cumming, GA
Do any of you guys remember which whires and colors you used to install your timers on a mkIII? I installed mine and everything comes on but everytime i turn the car off it shuts off immediatley. I know there is two IGN wires, i believe black/orange and black/white. There is a black/yellow also. Any help is appreciated.

big yoggz

Dejvid1785;1124879 said:
Do any of you guys remember which whires and colors you used to install your timers on a mkIII? I installed mine and everything comes on but everytime i turn the car off it shuts off immediatley. I know there is two IGN wires, i believe black/orange and black/white. There is a black/yellow also. Any help is appreciated.

just get the plug and play harness for $10.00

di_rosa

never ending project ...
Apr 2, 2005
toronto
there was a wiring diagram on the "other" forums if you want to try searching.

maybe try reversing the two wires that supply constant 12v, and switched 12v's

Dejvid1785

Boostaholic
Jan 27, 2008
Cumming, GA
I bought the timer used so i don't have the manual for the timer. Is there a certain step i have to take when first turning it on, maybe thats my problem.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Well, I would be patient if i was you...chopping into the ignition system isn't exactly a smart idea unless your soldering and going to clean it up nice. Just wait and get the harness, I have mine sitting on my couch right now because I bought the wrong harness. Yea...just be patient.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
D34DC311;1126364 said:
yea, but is it a good idea to mess with the wiring...be patient and buy a fkin harness.

Damn I thought I was by the book.. if youre that afraid of wiring in something of that sort, I would imagine a turbo timer is the least of your problems lol.

That being said, harness is easier and they're relatively inexpensive..

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Dylan JZ;1126460 said:
Damn I thought I was by the book.. if youre that afraid of wiring in something of that sort, I would imagine a turbo timer is the least of your problems lol.

That being said, harness is easier and they're relatively inexpensive..

LOL. Its not about being afraid of wiring it, its about the mess it can create. Like you said the harness is well very inexpensive. So why not do it right the first time, instead of cutting into your ignition...