Got those brembo rotors, take a look

Poatree

May 14, 2005
Edmonton
www.shiftin.com
Brembo Cross-drilled and vented rotors... picked them up from point roberts today. It was a bit hairy at the border (they searched my car and found the rotors) but i got out of it with some fast talking (read: I bullshitted thru my teeth).

They're stock height but are better in almost every way :)

Heres some pics, this is the front one, the rear ones are the same but less diametre.

21mm wide
p41420_1.jpg

Thickness check:
p41420_2.jpg

Oh they're real brembos:
p41420_3.jpg

The vents:
p41420_4.jpg

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
Rotors look good. Slotted kept eating up my front pads...I'm thinking of taking the drilled route as well. But then again, something maybe wrong with my calipers. :icon_conf

S

SupraSith

s000pra89T said:
Rotors look good. Slotted kept eating up my front pads...I'm thinking of taking the drilled route as well. But then again, something maybe wrong with my calipers. :icon_conf
Why would slotted rotors eat your pads?

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
That's why I said, "something maybe wrong with my calipers." At times, my brakes feel engaged and take a little more to get it moving from a stop.

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
Slotted rotors scrape the surface of your pads so there is always a fresh surface. Edit: never mind the rest of my post. IJ set me straight.

Last edited:

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
Crossdrilled wipes the pads just like slotted too. The only difference is slotted your using one long line and crossdrilled your using lots of tiny holes....

Think about it.... :biglaugh:

kamil

87T Targa
Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
If you're constantly autocrossing etc, that'll happen to any rotor. What was said in the previous posts is pretty spot on about pad wear/efficiency.

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
request: Some very knowledgable people need to make a sticky about brakes. The ups and downs of solids, slotted, drilled. EVERYTHING about rotors and pads. I said "some" people because everybody seems to have a different opinion about them. It'd just be nice to have the facts layed down from more than one perspective on the drilled/slotted issue since it gets brought up so much.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Also... I saw something before about painting/coating them somehow, so that only the brake surface is not coated.... That way, only the brake-pad surface shows oxidation, and is removed when pads apply pressure.

It's the one thing I did not do w/my Brembos that I wish I had. I may do it later tho.....

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
i can see painting the vents on the rotors,that would help alot with rust sence they rust mostly right there.