got my new supra

Trini got a Mk3

Dec 17, 2009
In New Jersey
Whats up every one just got my MK3. its a 87 turbo traga top.
its ok and fun to drive, so from next year im going to rebuild it as i go. plus side i work for toyota so get some parts cheap...so if anyone is looking for something for their supra don't be afraid to ask. just pm me so i can find out for any part. But i am going to need some help as i go.

by the way im from new jersey so any other supra owners would like to meet up let me know.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
welcome, car looks good, where in nj are you?

looks like my car except for mine is on stock suspension and i have the 3pc spoiler, and well mine being a 89, not sure if you have the 89+ front bumper, curious which toyoa you work at

Trini got a Mk3

Dec 17, 2009
In New Jersey
i work at parkway toyota in Englewood cliffs....I like the car, its fun to drive...i'll get more pictures once this weather changes and i start doing some work on it. it got the Grey leather interior. i want to get the 89 -92 front bumper and replace my exhaust to something nice. any recommendation for exhaust set up. found that the bic ddp really good and i seen some pple with hks cat backs know where i can get those.

supra011.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

supra012.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

supra007.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

M_31_07

Jan 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
You can get the hks catbacks from horsepowerfreaks.com, as for the BIC DDP you should get the re-routed ones otherwise it'll be really loud.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
bic ddp is something good to look into mainly if you are still running the stock elbow and downpipe

which rims are those? same as mine, sportmax006 / xxr 006?

i have the hks dragger exhaust that i got from horse power freaks a while back it was the best price at the time, i like it the most it would be better if it was fully stainless steel but its not loud and has a nice deep tone to it
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1151979&postcount=6

also check the other vendors here, and there is a raptor racing cat back thats similar to the hks sport exhaust

Trini got a Mk3

Dec 17, 2009
In New Jersey
alright kool...yea they are i have 18x8.5 in front and 18x9.5 in the back...right now im going to do over the suspension...22 years old it really needs a service and a update lol...Then i'm rebuilding the engine...

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
oh cool mine are the 18 x 9.5 all around

are you still on stock suspension?

i actually bought new toyota tems a few years ago because mine were all blown

Trini got a Mk3

Dec 17, 2009
In New Jersey
well most of the stuff have been changed...im thinking about running coilovers now and i want to have a nice drop and still keep straight. plus i want to replace all bushing and arms and endlinks. the swaybars been changed so saves me some money..lol, nice wheels they look hot right. i'm thinking of takin them off for the winter and looks like someone over here got there eyes on my supra...

Trini got a Mk3

Dec 17, 2009
In New Jersey
nice mines came along with the car. yea good looks..nah no more oem stuff well not no more just some... theirs 2 parts im looking for 89-92 front bumper and washer bottle the one for the windshield n headlights...would ask the dealer but i didn't want to get a new bumper n bottle unless last choice. rather save some money for other stuff.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
oh cool. np

for the other things your looking for check out the for sale section and if you don't see anything in there maybe start up a thread in the want to buy section

Trini got a Mk3

Dec 17, 2009
In New Jersey
lol yea for now im keeping it...it does have a aggressive look... right now i doin the suspension..i got to get bushing and arms for the rear and endlinks for all around. and i have to get a catalytic converter.....

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
Trini got a Mk3;1478111 said:
alrite kool i think im bout to ask if anyone got those parts...so hows the build coming out.

build is coming along good just taking longer then expected because of some parts that held me up, but the build should be done this month hopefully since all thats left is assembly and to put the engine back in the car and break the engine in