DFW Texas
So would you gut your car like this?

p524514_1.jpg

or would gut it more?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I daily drove my Supra like that, blackgraz.
I would go the extra mile and take the carpet out, door panels, sound deadener, headliner, and a-pillar trim.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
I don't know how much weight taking off interior body pannels would save. You could probally leave the pannels on and take the seats out and i don't think there would even be a 20 lb diff.
Still, i bet your car is hella lot more fun than my na!!!:evil2:

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
supra90turbo said:
Thank you! Keep it up. A freshly painted interior would be awesome... nice and shiny inside. I thinned my interior harness of all the speaker wiring and everything as well, tems, antenna power... it's fun.. depending on your definition of fun.
I'll probably end up turning a DD supra into something like that.
Girlfriend approval or not. She's a good one, so she'll approve. (2 seats of course ;))

::edit:: what is the exact tire size on those MTs? 255/xxr16

im debating actually taking out all the stereo equip, so yours without all the tems and stereo crap, is that going to be a daily driver?

MT's are 255/50/R16 and i love em' to death, theres a certain angle i'll try and take a pic of tomorrow that makes em' look way more badass.

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
blackgraz said:
So would you gut your car like this?

p525075_1.jpg

or would gut it more?

well a couple people i've raced(06 WRX, 99 Z28 Camaro) were both pretty much ties and for my mods they figured i was only able to keep up because of my big ass tires hooking and my lightened car. because i also have no charcoal canister, AC, cruise, horns, the little stuff adds up after a while. Everyone says well the panels only weigh a little but if you never took anything little out you wouldnt get anywhere, i would consider leaving the door panels becuase it leave some sharp edges for you to grab onto to close the door but its all up to you, i love it.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Did you take out all of the ac components under the hood? That's what I did, probablysaved 20-30 pounds ;). I personally wouldn't take any weight out of the back of the car, that's where it needs to be to hook up ;). Being a straight six means that more of the engine is facing forward, putting more weight than needed up front as compared to a V6. This causes understeer, so the best way to compensate is to remove as much weight as safely possible from the firewall forward ;).

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
starscream5000 said:
Did you take out all of the ac components under the hood? That's what I did, probablysaved 20-30 pounds ;). I personally wouldn't take any weight out of the back of the car, that's where it needs to be to hook up ;). Being a straight six means that more of the engine is facing forward, putting more weight than needed up front as compared to a V6. This causes understeer, so the best way to compensate is to remove as much weight as safely possible from the firewall forward ;).

meh i didnt take that much outta the back, but thats why i got those fatty MT's they grip like a mofo, andi left my spare in for some weight and for a flat in the front.