Got Bored/ Pics of my car.

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
lol yeah, they're 255 Mickey Thompson street radials, ZERO traction probs even hittin corners in the rain.

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
they're definetly fun, they have lasted me over 30 track passes and over 2,000 miles of city driving with a decent amount of tread left. I get em' at a discount through work so they probably cost me what a set of Toyo's would.

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
suprastanger507mgte said:
How light is you r car now. Looks very good.

gunna weigh it after the 5spd swap, and i havent really done it yet because i want a 4 corner scale and they are kinda hard to find in this area.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
89Turbo said:
1010342zt1.jpg

............................................yes, yes i know, poor interior.

I take it you don't have a girlfriend? :icon_razz

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
starscream5000 said:
Take out that driver's side seat (looks like the driver's side cuz of the seat belt holder) and put in the passenger in it's place and save a little more weight ;).

-wont the seat belt clip be on the wrong side then? or am i just not thinkin

-nope no GF

-pretty damn long is all i know, think it's 2.5" piping.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I figured the coupler would flex a lot being a long as it is without having as much hard pipe on it, but then again, it's probably what, 3 or 4 ply silicone? It may not flex very much, but I dunno. If you dyno it, I'd keep an eye on that coupler when the boost gets put to it to see if it does ;).

I've never done it granted, but others have switched out seats, I just figured you could switch around the seat belt clip thingy to the other side, I dunno.

Obsessionw/Boost

Sep 28, 2006
Albany, NY
Nice gutting! I always wanted to do that to my car, just gut everything i dont need, GF wont let me =/
But anyways, I was wondering.. Have you ever gotten pulled over like that? What do the police say when they look inside and they see steel?
Are they like "wtf happened here?"

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I love driving a gutted car.
I think my next DD supra will be fairly gutted. Not that much, just door panels, center console, seats, and dash.

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
Obsessionw/Boost said:
Nice gutting! I always wanted to do that to my car, just gut everything i dont need, GF wont let me =/
But anyways, I was wondering.. Have you ever gotten pulled over like that? What do the police say when they look inside and they see steel?
Are they like "wtf happened here?"

HAHAHAHAHA funny you would say that i just got pulled over for speedracing last night and one if the THREE female officers that showed up asked me why i did that i say, for racing, she was like hmmmmmmmm. But before that she asked the orignal officer that pulled me over if he ran my plates because it looked like a stolen vehicle.

yeah it HONESTLY doesnt bother me and i have an extremely loud exhaust too, i like to hear my car roar.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
89Turbo said:
they're definetly fun, they have lasted me over 30 track passes and over 2,000 miles of city driving with a decent amount of tread left. I get em' at a discount through work so they probably cost me what a set of Toyo's would.
i drove mine about 3500 miles city/hw and a few passes worth on the street (not fun in the rain after that lol)

mine are 275's though on a 17inch rim

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
supra90turbo said:
I'm addicted to your car. I keep looking at this thread... lol

thanks man that means alot comin from you, i might turn this into sorta a build thread because i am no where near done with the interior, i am going to clean and paint it, thin the wiring harnesses from everything i removed, MDC harness bar, racing seats, and somewhere FAR down the road, a fuel cell.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Thank you! Keep it up. A freshly painted interior would be awesome... nice and shiny inside. I thinned my interior harness of all the speaker wiring and everything as well, tems, antenna power... it's fun.. depending on your definition of fun.
I'll probably end up turning a DD supra into something like that.
Girlfriend approval or not. She's a good one, so she'll approve. (2 seats of course ;))

::edit:: what is the exact tire size on those MTs? 255/xxr16