good computer speakers

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
got a new comp coming and decide I need some kick ass high end speakers as i listen to alot of music and play alot of online gaming.

I have heard nothing but wonders about the logitech z-5500's. Anyone have these or have any other recomendations???

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
We got a set of Logitech's for Theresa's computer a couple of weeks ago.

They pretty much kick ass.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I've had a set of the Z-5500's for almost a year now. They are really awesome. It's funny that this post popped up, because I hadn't used them in awhile and earlier today I cranked them up for a couple of hours while I typed on some work documents.
I have to tell you that they do surround great. I had never dealt with a good surround system before, and after I hooked them up I was satisfied with the sound quality and volume. Well, I was playing a game, not aware of what was going on, and I started hearing this creepy noise coming from behind the door [the door was open, so it sounded like it was the small space between the door and the wall] in my game room. It scared the crap out of me - I thought something was in the house.

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
i heard the Z-5500 is pretty damn good when paired up with a damn good sound card. the klipsch isn't so bad if it wasn't for the amp.

FoolishOne

May 14, 2006
Bel Air, MD
Klipsch, personally. mkiiiman089 has a set and to tell you the truth...I wouldn't mind having a set of my own...but I can't justify the price.

»fo

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Eh, Logi's are ok, but they could be better.
I'm running a Kenwood 5.1 home theater system via optical with a powered JBL 12" sub. In my room. It kicks ass, and shakes the house.
If you have a speaker sys for your TV or something, just connect to that. But the one's you're looking at should be great unless you're and audiophile.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Yeah Altec's are pretty middle of the road. I had some crappy ones a while back, for their size they had pretty good power, but they were only 2.1 computer speakers so they weren't sposed to be anything special.

I used to have a 5.1 Logi, pushing a full 75 watts (whopping 43 RMS). Hahaha. 4" sub, 17watts RMS. Yeah, when I first got it I thought it was the shit, but a few years down the road, well, it was pretty much shit. Everything was really muddy. But I had a super low end one...