Getting lots of Poly bushings

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Sawbladz said:
I was very surprised how much rougher the ride became since the install of the front bushings. On the drive home from the shop on the highway the car felt great but you felt every single bump. If the car were a daily driver I would hate it. It's just a bit much to live with all the time. I don't know how people can stand anything harder than these. To me, that would remove all driving comfort from the car and I wouldn't want that.

I hope the addition of rear bushings doesn't increase the harsh ride too much. If it does, my future plans for coilovers will most likely never happen. Losing the progressive springs in favour of a stiffer, linear coilover might push it over the edge.

Because of this, I went back to new stock bushings. Also, reading the original thread, 15 hours sounds excessive for replacement of the bushings. It took me probably 3-5 hours total to press the old ones out and press the new ones in having never done it before.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
adampecush said:
Because of this, I went back to new stock bushings. Also, reading the original thread, 15 hours sounds excessive for replacement of the bushings. It took me probably 3-5 hours total to press the old ones out and press the new ones in having never done it before.

The 15 hrs does seem a bit high but everything on my car is seized. To the point that nothing at all turns. Every single bolt needs to be cut and pounded out. I dropped by the shop while they were doing it and it didn't look like they were having fun. lol

I wish there had been a way for me to do this myself but it just wasn't possible.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Sawbladz said:
The 15 hrs does seem a bit high but everything on my car is seized. To the point that nothing at all turns. Every single bolt needs to be cut and pounded out. I dropped by the shop while they were doing it and it didn't look like they were having fun. lol

I wish there had been a way for me to do this myself but it just wasn't possible.

ah, if that included removing the bolts, that sounds about right. Only one of my lower front suspension bolts wasn't seized. Somehow, 5 managed to come out from the rear.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
adampecush said:
ah, if that included removing the bolts, that sounds about right. Only one of my lower front suspension bolts wasn't seized. Somehow, 5 managed to come out from the rear.

You are LUCKY...Canadian cars like to be seized. lol