getting around emissions here in MD?

Suprafast0422

Nov 14, 2006
Maryland
Can you actually bribe the guy to just let you through? how often does it work? I really do not like emissions.... or catalytic converters:icon_bigg

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
an emissions tester can't just let you through. the test has to be done one way or the other, by running a different car, or pulling your timing way back and hoping it passes.

but the tester can get in a lot of trouble, have to pay fines, and lose their certification if they get caught doing that, so I don't think walking up to a tester and offering him some cash is your best approach.

do what I did, get a high-flow cat on there and stop excessively polluting:sarcasm:

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
Take your car thru emissions, if you fail you have 90 days to get the car
right. Bring in a receipt for over $400.00 for repairs done to your car AFTER
you failed the first emissions test, if you fail the test which is free this time,
you can get a waiver good for 2 years and still be able to renew your tags
etc. and drive.

joeyd23

GTE4ME
Sep 18, 2007
waldorf maryland
yea in saint marys county there are no emissions, also if your supra is 20 years old u can get historic tags, then theres no emmisions and no repair orders for loud exaust. thats what im geting next year

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
joeyd23;1114764 said:
yea in saint marys county there are no emissions, also if your supra is 20 years old u can get historic tags, then theres no emmisions and no repair orders for loud exaust. thats what im geting next year
Yea, good old Southern Maryland!!!!!!! Used to be there weren't enough people living down there to warrant any testing, now Leonard Town has traffic jambs! I have to wait 2 years for my historic tags, will be pretty cool though to have a
"historic" car that can blow the doors off of a Viper.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
i have historic tags. Thats how I get around emissions. But before that I just had a test pipe and borrowed a stock cat for a day to do emissions.

927MGTE

Mar 20, 2008
BEL AIR, MD
slam it. i had a truck tha wouldn't pass and i was ging to do the $400.00 deal but when i went up there they said it was to low to test i got a 2 year waiver and had to the regular fee they waived all of the late fees