getting 1jz to work on 2jz injectors

1jzaddict

1jzinmk4
May 31, 2006
Chattanooga TN
i thought that the 2jz injectors were a drop in on the 1jz so i bought some and now see that they do not. If someone can help me.......please do b/c i want to out run a couple of vipers were i get through with my single turbo conversion.

thanks,matt

El Nagro

Oct 3, 2005
Lethbridge
they do "drop in" that doesnt mean ur car will run properly though..... anytime u put larger injectors in ur goin to need to retune the ecm.

1jzaddict

1jzinmk4
May 31, 2006
Chattanooga TN
El Nagro said:
they do "drop in" that doesnt mean ur car will run properly though..... anytime u put larger injectors in ur goin to need to retune the ecm.

yea but when i went to plug them in..... it wouldn't fit b/c the clips were different.

1jzaddict

1jzinmk4
May 31, 2006
Chattanooga TN
1jzaddict said:
yea but when i went to plug them in..... it wouldn't fit b/c the clips were different.

My 380cc injectors look way bigger than what is suppose to be the 440ccs. the 440s look like 2 little pin holes at the bottom of the injector.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
Just modify the injectors.

If you buy 550s from 935 they come ready to drop in. Also you can get the injector resistor pack with a harness and instructions on how to re-wire.

The injectors will drop in and and the wiring takes a couple of hours.

suprace

Jul 25, 2005
bay area
i have quick question about the injectors...i installed 440 jdm and a usdm map, ending part #1. after installing it, i keep hitting boost cut. at 1st gear, i lose power at 6000 rpm, and 5th gear 3-4000rpm i hit boost cut. i have to use fcd to control it.

1jzaddict

1jzinmk4
May 31, 2006
Chattanooga TN
suprace said:
i have quick question about the injectors...i installed 440 jdm and a usdm map, ending part #1. after installing it, i keep hitting boost cut. at 1st gear, i lose power at 6000 rpm, and 5th gear 3-4000rpm i hit boost cut. i have to use fcd to control it.

Do you have supporting fuel mods and or an SAFC II?

Nucleon

German Supra Driver
suprace said:

At how much boost do you hit FC? The 2JZ trick will just raise FC, not eliminate it.

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
I installed 2JZ 550s and the engine idles like crap and fouls all the plugs. It fights to stay running.

Definitely need to take out some fuel with these.

BigTSetter

Apr 6, 2005
Denver
okay, so you found a little information and decided to jump on the idea....:nono:

The MKIV injectors will "drop-in" the 1jz rail but i'm sure that several other injectors from Ford will also work...

In order to get the 550's and the 1JZ to work you're going to need to do a few things.

1. Have some sort of resistor wired up. The best bet is for the 7M injector resistor. The MKIV injectors are a low impedence injector. Which means that running directly from the 1JZ ECU they're not going to work right! Find the diagram that JZA71 drew up and follow those steps.

2. You're going to need a fuel compensator. Such as a SAFCII or Emanage. You'll be sending the same signal you did for the stock 1JZ 380's to the 550's which will amount to MUCH more fuel. Get it leaned out, especially at idle.

3. Injector clips can be found off of some 7M GTE's. IIRC it's the 89+ plugs that are a direct fit for the MKIV 550's. The 2JZ injector clip Part number has yet to be found from my knowledge. Apparently there is a serial number on them but i've looked at four different sets and NONE of them have the actual number on them....

Next time you find some information about something you would like to do look a little deeper and find out all the information that's needed. TRUST me! it's out there.

HTH,

Bryan

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
Might be a dumb question, b/c I'm just getting around to researching putting in a 2JZ MAP. I have 550's already and an E-manage to tune with, do I need the JDM 2J MAP, or...well...what else? I guess it'd be easier to just get a BCC at this point.

I

itr206

My car idles and drives fine without any fuel correction on the USDM 550's
It deff needs to be leaned out, but it will drive on the stock ECU fine and make about 1bar before hitting boost cut on the stock ECU and Map sensor

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
2JZ injector clips:
90980–11154
90980–11284

Not sure which are brown and which are gray... so get 3 of each and let us know :)

inline6

Whistle>Whine
Sep 22, 2005
SoCal
fstlane88 said:
Might be a dumb question, b/c I'm just getting around to researching putting in a 2JZ MAP. I have 550's already and an E-manage to tune with, do I need the JDM 2J MAP, or...well...what else? I guess it'd be easier to just get a BCC at this point.

Emanage can clamp the map signal dude.