get rid of dings.

ts_MKIII

Aug 8, 2005
Virginia Beach
well im doing the prep work to get my car painted and molded etc, whats the best way to get rid of dings, when the paints done i want it to be perfect no dings.

sidenote does anyone know how body shops do it?

Red Dragon

Keep That on the Down Low
Jan 5, 2006
Austin, TX
ts_MKIII said:
well im doing the prep work to get my car painted and molded etc, whats the best way to get rid of dings, when the paints done i want it to be perfect no dings.

sidenote does anyone know how body shops do it?

most body shops pull dent/ding best they can, bondo it, sand it smooth.... if its small they just bondo it and sand it. There is also some prep before putting the bondo on, but this is just generally

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
Go to an outparts store and you'll find an item called a dent puller. Their cheap and easy to use. If your using bondo, make sure you scuff the surface up rally rough with 40-60 grot paper. Then use the bondo, then the primer. You want the bondo to bite onto bare metal. The filler primer only fills in small imperfection that may have not been seen when sanding.

Supra5MGTE

Nov 11, 2005
Tampa, FL
best thing to do if it's on a fender is pull the fender and hammer it out with proper sheet metal hammers and equipment. not a carpenters hammer. if it's on the body, you can actualy weld a stud to it, pulle it out and grind the stud off. or use body filler and sand it.

ts_MKIII

Aug 8, 2005
Virginia Beach
Oh no, its not big dents, ive taken care of those or will take care of those, i mean like littke dings from ppl hitting the car little imperfections that you cant "pull out"

supratj

god tina, eat some ham...
Nov 4, 2005
lees summit, mo
best thing to do with small dings, get a sanding block with 80 or 180 grit, if smaller than a quarter go with 180 grit, it does not have to be bare metal, wipe it with metal glaze, its bondo but the finishing step of bondo, alot smoother to apply, then with the block sand it with 180 grit, prime it and block it with 180 real quick, then go over it with 320 grit.......