Gas Mileage Concerns

Brady

Feb 4, 2007
Bay Area
www.nbhq.net
So its me again the pre noob to the supra ranks with yet another infantile question for you gurus...

So I've gone about 200 miles on this last tank of gas and I have maybe halfway between quarter tank and empty left so ( 1/8 tank left ).

I've done some lookin around here and I read that some of you fucks are cruisin past the 400 mile mark on one tank and I know thats not jus an NA thing. What the deal?

My first thought was my o2 sensor, am I onto something? :p

Also some context : I've only used Premium gas since I've owned it ( 2.5 months) I have NO MODS, BONEASS STOCK, I'm not drivin crazy havent even taken it past 4k rpm yet. Any recommendations? Thanks alot

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
#1 Don't call anyone here a "fuck" thats not the way to make friends and people want to help you ;)

#2 When was the last time the car had a tune up? Airfilter, fuel filter, plugs and wires, trans oil, differential oil, oil filter and oil change. Getting a new o2 sensor from MDCmotorsports wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Brady

Feb 4, 2007
Bay Area
www.nbhq.net
its a term of endearment in my book, all apologies for bein seemingly offensive

i guess ill plan on a tuneup soon :p

can i have a link to MDC por favor?

thanks

hellraiser456

Dec 29, 2006
canada
your CEL on?

if so your engine is probably in a "safe" mode..and will dump more fuel into the engine so it doesn't run lean....or so im told as i have a downed knock sensor.

a tune up would be a good idea...its amazing how much it helps...

Is there any other strange symptoms other than gas mileage?

Brady

Feb 4, 2007
Bay Area
www.nbhq.net
Hey I dont know what a CEL is, as for other symptoms ummm

it pulls to the right (alignment issue I guess) iono

sometimes it idles hella low and rough and i have to gas it otherwise itll stall out but thats kinda intermittent

Brady

Feb 4, 2007
Bay Area
www.nbhq.net
Ok by the way after browsing MDC it looks like they have 2 diff o2 sensors and both are for the 7M-GE and they exclude my beautiful homestate of Cali so I'm guessing those will not work eh?

Oxygen Sensor NGK/NTK O.E. Replacement Oxygen Sensor (Before Converter) - 3.0L 7M-GE L6 Mdls exc CALIFORNIA

Oxygen Sensor BOSCH Universal Type Oxygen Sensor (before Catalyst) - ALL non-Turbo Mdls exc CALIF.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Brady said:
its a term of endearment in my book, all apologies for bein seemingly offensive
I was f-ing with you, you f-ing f. ;) :lol:

I usually get around 300 miles per tank, which is right around 20mpg.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
:icon_bigg You know who i would have killed to get 200 to the tank?

I got 100 miles to the tank once! That was welll worth it though..... :icon_razz

Do a full basic tune up and come report back!