funny yet dumb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

supra0022

Apr 6, 2010
Suffolk, VA
Poodles;1553683 said:
Unless you have the mirrors like they do on the front of the mail trucks that are RHD, you're a safety risk driving a RHD car in a LHD country.

What mirrors? Just curious thats all. And never said that it was safe in to drive an RHD in the U.S. I know its more Dangerous, but people do way worse on a regular basis IMO.

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
mecevans;1553733 said:

girl at the window is prob thinking. da fvck. lol quote from south park

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

supra0022;1553723 said:
saw you were looking for a front clip. You ever get one?

no i never did get one but i dont need it anyways cause im parting off the car. dont have time or money to finish the project.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
RHD conversion!?! thats funny. If it feels natural then move to a counrty where everyone eles drives on the same side of the car. The reason RHD cars are so popular in Canada is because they are cheap. They are very rarely in "better" condition than a North American model counterpart. I guess if by better you mean neglected and left to rot in a parking lot for 10 years. These companys in Japan are laughing at us for buying all their old crap. They are pretty much literally polishing turds and putting a price tag on them. Skyline's I understand the desire to have one of those. Civics, 240s, Supras... Im sorry but get a fucking grip. "Oh ya but the mods they come with" is something I hear, woohoo a bunch of old outdated parts. If someone in a RHD causes an accident that Im involved in Im going to make a point so shove those backwards wipers arm right up their ass.

Ive posted this before, and Im sure I will be met with the same "its a government report so it doesnt count" but fuck it. Though I disagree with many things about ICBC, they know what the numbers are, and the numbers dont lie.

http://www.icbc.com/road-safety/safety-research/righthand-drive
http://www.icbc.com/road-safety/safety-research/righthand-drive.pdf#Variables._frag_ (full report)

And I still stand by my earlier statment about the drive throughs. Get up off your ass and go inside. Maybe find a subway, or go home a cook a meal it wont hurt you none. I cant believe some fucktards would rather drive thru in reverse. That seems like so much more effort than parking and walking in. Holy shit or heres a thought, maybe instead of getting your buddy to get out and video tape you driving through like an idiot, he could have stayed in the car and handed the girl the cash??

IJ.;1553657 said:
I give up this place is like clown college at times...

supra0022;1553661 said:
Why, because not everyone agrees with your point of view? My car is already registered. There are no legal issues for me to worry about. RHD is perfectly legal in the U.S. For someone that has been in the scene as long as it looks like you have you would know this and actually be more open minded about everyones different view.

Not only do you ask a question in this post, but you proove IJ's point with the rest of your post. No legal issues? Well not now, but Im sure there would be some if your local motor vehicle safety branch found out the kind of stupid shit you were up too. (forgive me Im not familiar with whos in charge of that kind of thing in your state) Get over the "cool" factor and think for a minute.

supra0022;1553661 said:
Is your car all stock? my guess is no. all the work that you have probably put into your car. For what? Why? Can you tell me? or how about I'll just answer this ques. for you. Because you WANTED to. You saw the benefit of doing what ever it is you have done to your car and you did it. Probably some shit most people wouldn't do to there own. Yet, you probably don't get knocked for it. So why knock other peoples vices? Converting to RHD is no more work than converting to a widebody. All in all anything you want to do to these cars requires work. So my ques. to you is why is the work such an issue to you. Its not to me. I dont care what other people think. I do what makes me happy. I'm not here to please anyone. Just here to help if I can, receive any help I may need and just B.S. in general.

This is just my opinion here, The reason IJ doesnt get knocked over what hes doing to his car is because he modding it with an "outside the box" thought process. Keep in mind that with everything that is being done, I can guarantee you his car wont be deemed a hazard on public roads. Hes not changing the dynamics of how the drivers see's the road. This isnt an issue of doing something different, the issue with myself, IJ and anyone eles against RHD cars on roads designed for LHD cars is SAFETY. Safety of others and yourself. Mostly others as it apears you dont have much concern for yourself. So it goes, I suppose. And why put all that time and work into something just to make it unsafe. Im not here to please anyone either, And belevie me I do what makes me happy to, but I dont go around breaking the law simpley because its what makes me happy.

Last edited:

supra0022

Apr 6, 2010
Suffolk, VA
So I read the report. Fully. Don't think for minute I haven't thought about the "potential" safety hazards and risk factors that are and will be associated with an RHD. Now, I bet, that if they were to conduct a similar study on cars that were fixed up in a manner that most people do, they will find similar if not even worse statistics. My point is, is that when you take a car that was built a certain way from the factory, and begin altering the amount of power produced, to the ride height, and so on you are actively working on changing the "dynamics" of the vehicle that was built. When a manufacturer creates a car, they test the safety and reliability for what they built. Not what they believe someone might do to their car. That being said, if you take a car that was built for 230 hp and tune it to 500 you are throwing the dynamics off. The crash tests that were performed and passed in the factory, would most likely fail. That much power, or any major change to the cars stucture could be considered a safety issue in the same way. You saying that you would shove my RHD wiper up my ass if I wrecked into you, merely because you don't agree with RHD in a LHD world, is the same as me saying I'm going to shove that 70 mm turbo or even better yet a chevy small block up your ass because you gas it a little to much and your car couldn't keeps its ass planted therefore swinging it into me. One of the main points of the study you have generously provided for me (and I mean that. Thank you), was that the inexperience was the greatest factor. So much so that I probably couldn't count on both hands the amount of times it was brought up through out the study. Experience is not a factor for me. I have driven RHD in both settings for over 3 years now. In my experience, there are just as many positional advantages and disadvantages while driving RHD as there are LHD. I have done both on both types of roads. The biggest safety factors out there are experience, reliability, and the drivers attitude. If the driver is a huge risk taker then chances are they are going to wreck sooner by their own stupidity. There is no coolness factor about it for me. I have asked the ques. several times on several forums and to many many people. Most don't understand why I would want to do this. And only a handful, if that, ever said they thought it would be cool. This is just what I want. I apologize if I offended anyone with my previous posts. I am an enthusiast just like everyone else on here. I have much concern for my self as well as the safety of others. As a side note, converting a car to RHD is not in any shape or form illegal. Atleast I haven't found anything that states other wise. Don't throw that B.S. about doing something illegal just cause it makes me happy crap at anyone, unless you can honestly say that you have never driven above the speed limit. Or illegaly raced you car down an interstate. You saying that is like the pot calling the kettle black. Apparently the things that I do, or will be doing for that matter are just TOO far outside the box for some people. Everyones oppinions are respected by me, as well as what they may desire for what ever it is they are doing, even if I don't agree. You shouldn't dont stoop down a few levels and bash someone for wanting to do something different even if you THINK you have a factual basis for wanting to change their mind. If you ask me. In my oppinion, that report is bogus. When ever there is an area where the RHD shines above an LHD they state that it is not staistically relevant. If you even read the literature you provided me then you should know what I am talking about. I do agree with you on one thing though. And for your information, the reason why the cars come from japan for so cheap is because the inspections out there are so stringent that once a vehicle reaches 100,000 kilometers (60,000 miles) on the the clock then the engine needs to be rebuilt, replaced or the car junked. With how expensive it is to fix the cars in japan (i.e. rebuilt power steering pump approx. 700 USD) its cheaper to just junk the car or sell it to an import/export dealer. Now I know we all would love to find a supra with only 60,000 miles on it. And that is if you drive an RHD, walk the fuck inside. If your to lazy to do that then you probably shouldn't be eating fast food anyways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.