Fun Run: My basically stock 87t vs. 92 sc400

blksupratt

Aug 28, 2007
theodore, al
thanks for the welcome and it was some fun runs between me and james, his car did pretty good and surprised me a bit actually, the lexus did a 9.49 @ the track, should be interesting when we see what he actually runs, dang slow times I can't stand them it seems like it takes forever lol.

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
gtsfirefighter said:
James I glad you finally picked up the car. I was about to offer "favors" to take it off Scott's hands. It's a nice car. Make it a bad ass sleeper with a stock look.

Thanks! Yeah, I am shooting for a stockish look, not even going to do the 89+ front or tails! (maybe the spoiler though) I am just happy to finally have one after wanting and wanting for so long. Can't complain about the deal Scott gave me though either. Hopefully, I will be starting a build thread soon!

Bill: But they aren't as slow as the Shitfire! 10.7 years @ 56 miles per month.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
blksupratt said:
thanks for the welcome and it was some fun runs between me and james, his car did pretty good and surprised me a bit actually, the lexus did a 9.49 @ the track, should be interesting when we see what he actually runs, dang slow times I can't stand them it seems like it takes forever lol.

You're just too damn spoiled! You should mention that's a 1/8 mile track. When are you running again in your car?

blksupratt

Aug 28, 2007
theodore, al
we can dream that is a 1/4 mile, lol. I would love my car then rather than hate it all the time, I am not sure when I will be back at the track I am trying some thing and gonna do some experimenting and testing tomorrow,(hopefully I don't break anything again) I just put the trans back in again today after something in the front pump decided to leak(the lock up lines I think). I know I am gonna try to go to the track sometime soon but I want to try to get a transbrake in it before I do too much more racing but that isn't gonna happen, too broke (that's right a broke mkiv owner who actually admits it). I want to go to the event at the track on oct.7th but I want to enter the 6.20 class as it pays 500 to win vs. 300 for the import bracket.

Bill

jmoneydtb

Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
ForcedTorque said:
You're just too damn spoiled! You should mention that's a 1/8 mile track. When are you running again in your car?

I take it that the spoiled remark is aimed at Bill. lol, and yes, those time in my Sunfire with full length CAI, "cat back" (no cat! lol! so loud!) and walking the tranny, were through the 1/8 mile. 10.75@56ish, pissed me off too cause I was dialed in a 10.80 and broke out in the semi's, still came in 3rd though. My reaction times were badass in that car though! Pulled a .03x light on like my 2nd or 3rd pass down the track, EVER!

By the time I take the Supra to the track it will probably be BPU. So, as long as I learn to launch/drive/race it better, should be able to get into the 8's through the 1/8 easily.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
jmoneydtb said:
Thanks! Yeah, I am shooting for a stockish look, not even going to do the 89+ front or tails! (maybe the spoiler though) I am just happy to finally have one after wanting and wanting for so long. Can't complain about the deal Scott gave me though either. Hopefully, I will be starting a build thread soon!

Bill: But they aren't as slow as the Shitfire! 10.7 years @ 56 miles per month.

Going ahead and start a build thread now. Ryan aka da89soup started one and after months and hundreds of replies of jibberish, he's finally doing something. :icon_razz

jmoneydtb

Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
gtsfirefighter said:
Going ahead and start a build thread now. Ryan aka da89soup started one and after months and hundreds of replies of jibberish, he's finally doing something. :icon_razz

That's true, but I have to think of a snazzy name to top the ???????????? thread, otherwise, it will fail before I get the money to do anything!