Front nose cone removal

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
I'm having trouble getting the nose piece (in front of the hood) off. I believe I need to take it off so that I can reattach an emblem (please correct me if I'm wrong here). I couldn't find anything on this in the TSRM.

It seems to be stuck where it attached to the fender. I took off two 10mm bolts on the left side under the left headlight but it still won't budge. When I look through the frame a bit I can see another bolt on the inside just above where the trim attaches, and I'm almost positive that it is what's holding the piece on at that corner. How can I get at that bolt? Am I going to have to take off the whole front bumper?

Pics for reference:

Need to put this:
IMG_2458.jpg

Here:
IMG_2454.jpg

And I'm stuck here (circled where I took out the two bolts):
IMG_2457.circled.jpg

Picture of area from behind partially disassembled headlight (arrow is pointing to where the bolt is I think I need to get to):
IMG_2455.jpg

Picture from under the headlight toward left fender (circle and arrow have same meanings as above):
IMG_2456.jpg

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
See the pic with the circle?

They're inside there I use a 1/4 drive socket with a long extension from inside the fender with the plastic inner removed.

Helps if the wheels are off!

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Just some screws inside the wheel well, and 1 or 2 bolts underneith the car just in front. You'll see them, its easy.