FROM THE MAKERS OF TOKYO EXTREME RACERS COMES...

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
are you really that excited about it? I gutted one of the two copies we have in yesterday. it looks alright, but we'll see how it goes when i give it a shot.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
From the looks of it, it sucks.

Graphics are sub-par in gameplay. The controls look totally fucked, it looks like you have to drift to steer, watch how ass-happy these cars are in the replays... it's too much. You can't correct your line without the car wagging it's tail... turning != drifting
You should have to try in order to drift. Not like all these new games where you actually have to try to grip.

I shouldn't pass judgement until I play it, but it looks gay, and I like Genki games.

wlsupraMKIII

Jul 8, 2005
Hell!!Its so warm!!
It looks ok... Just looks like a newer more updated version of TXR and its for 360... thats all.... After watching soome Vids.... It looks good, But i agree with supra90turbo... It looks to ass happy..... and slidey(is that even a word)

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
GotToyota? said:
What the fuck is wrong with you people that say the game looks good? It's just another NFSU copy. Ricer-central, population: you guys!

-Matt
NFSU came out after TER.....
I personally think its teh other way around. I'm outta town and on a slow connection so I didn't check out this new import tuner game yet, but I'm just defending Tokyo Ex. That game was FTMFW. NFSU was pretty sweet too tho.

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
well so far, there's a JZA70 in the game, so that's a bit of a relief. the boost gauge is always boosting. doesn't move from that peak position. Oil pressure gauge is sitting at whatever is the 2nd notch from the bottom. the dash lay out is like that of the actual right hand car and uh.....that's about it. gonna get back to it and see what else i can find

*edit* ewww..there's a front bumper mod that makes it look like a mustang. nasty. i suppose that there are a lot of options when it comes to modding you car.

all-in-all though from initial impressions, it's tokyo extreme racers, but with a different name.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Actually Tokyo racer zero, 3, and even drift are very different the NFSU, If you love NFSU and thats it you're the ricers my friend.

I didn't like the drift as much but tokyo racer 3 and even zero before that were good, lots of cars, highway, and tough races. UNLIKE NFSU and NFSU 2 where you couldn't get thru the game without being forced to rice out your "ride".

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Glad they finally put dash boards in, In tokyo extreme racer zero they had the jza70, ma70 and even the 1G powered POS version with the narrow body. Plus your mk4, and skylines too, I beat all 3 games thus far with a JZA70 and some luck. Once you get 1280 miles in 3 you get a ful race engine swap, hence the full race swapped JZA70 lol it was fun.

wlsupraMKIII

Jul 8, 2005
Hell!!Its so warm!!
Wills7MGTE said:
Glad they finally put dash boards in, In tokyo extreme racer zero they had the jza70, ma70 and even the 1G powered POS version with the narrow body. Plus your mk4, and skylines too, I beat all 3 games thus far with a JZA70 and some luck. Once you get 1280 miles in 3 you get a ful race engine swap, hence the full race swapped JZA70 lol it was fun.

Yeah the full race engine swap was fun

I wish they would make a more Updated better looking TXR(for PS2)... that'd be sweet