freeze plug? major problems need help

thebadz32

Mar 16, 2008
Louisville Ky,
Well i was leaveing my neighborhood today well i look in my rear view mirror and i see nothin but white smoke, i was like wtf well i pulled over to discover i had antifreeze every where. I checked the oil it looked fine so i squeezed all the hoses no leak but i had also lost all my coolant. I called my dad to come bring me some water i poor it in and it dumped water all down the pass side of the motor? so is it a freeze plug or what it still runs it never got hot or lost any oil pressure or anything?????????

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
IJ.;968572 said:
^ Yep forgot you guys have that ;)

Yep I blew 2 of them, the original around 90k and a cheap-o replacement from autozone a few thousand after. I took a piece of heater hose and a piece of 1/2" copper pipe with a cap soldered on the end and haven't blown that yet.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
^^^ Had a cap Tig welded on mine.
Blowing a freeze plug will do the same thing and it won't show an overheat (at least on the gauge).

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
strange, on my 7m I don't have that capped end with rubber on it. mine just 90* around the back of the engine. but then again I mixed us with jap parts to build my 7m.

while on other 7ms I've seen many different way to permanently cap it off

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Mk3runner;969186 said:
strange, on my 7m I don't have that capped end with rubber on it. mine just 90* around the back of the engine. but then again I mixed us with jap parts to build my 7m.

while on other 7ms I've seen many different way to permanently cap it off

That piece of engineering brilliance went away on the 89+ models.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
hmm ok then. I built the motor from 3 different motors, so I was unsure of what years some parts came from. I know the long block was a 7m crank and thats what I was after.