Found rebuild DVD on ebay

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
I've got a repair manual which I have studied and by reading info for years online, I think I have a decent handle on how I want to go about rebuilding my 7m-ge. However, I always thought a video or book might be helpful aswell but could never find one for our motors. I stumbled upon this on ebay and wondered if anybody had any experience with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rebu...tegoryZ33615QQihZ001QQitemZ110081628504QQrdZ1

some of the reviews are good, some are bad....most favouring the good side though.

Steve

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
i think this is a repost....
im pretty sure this is the same video and link.

they showed some of the simple things,
But i heard they didnt show more important things.
dont know what exactly, prolly better off if u just make a build thread and ask Q.
but for 16$ sure why not get it.

id have to find the thread from way back when it was like 5-6 months ago.

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
thanks for the advice.

hmmm I'm thinking even if it misses some things, it maybe be helpful just in reassurance. i'd love to hear more input. I searched but could not find any info (yes I used several different keywords)

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
well i cant find it....
so uhmmm yea lol.

just buy it its only 16$
and give us a feedback on the tape.

ill buy it if u think it worth of 16$

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
i bought it guys, and i have to say what he did on the bottom end was good work! Plastiguaged everything and measured all clearances. I don't know about his top end methods, but if everyone else wants, i can try to rip w/e sections you guys need.
-Thomas

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
CryoSlash said:
i bought it guys, and i have to say what he did on the bottom end was good work! Plastiguaged everything and measured all clearances. I don't know about his top end methods, but if everyone else wants, i can try to rip w/e sections you guys need.
-Thomas
Rip and post the bottom end Please!!!!!!! I've never done a complete rebuild. I've done everything but the rotating assembly, and I have dismantled several of those. I know where it all goes, and have read methods of re-assembly, but a video would be nice to see.

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
perfect that's all I need. I'll be porting the head myself and having the machine shop take care of the valve job anyways, I know howto shim cams. perfect!

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
I have the samething but I got it when it was only on VHS!!!! I think the DVD is better quality and more in detail!!!!

Keith Poe

Sep 26, 2006
Trussville, Alabama
I bought one also and thought it was really good. The only thing is that the engine he rebuilds doesn't need any machining, so you don't get instructions on how to size the bearings or required head gasket thickness if the deck is machined. If you've never done one, it's a great video. The guy is super nice also. I have emailed him with a few questions and he has always answered.

I am in the process of doing mine. If you don't have to have the cylinders bored, it's not that expensive. If the cylinders do need boring, that's where it starts hitting the wallet. Not the machining, but the cost of the pistons and rings. About $500 for stock and $650 for a forged piston set.