Forged pistons for $350 new

suprapower1221

Jul 5, 2006
pa
Would some want to set a group buy up. There was a guy on here who bought 10 sets of probe pistons and 10 sets of ealge rods. And was thinking about doing a group buy. He said that he ordered the stuff but it is on back order. Ill try to contact him again.

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
I'm in the middle of my rebuild, and my machinist swears by Probe pistons. He has built some very powerful engines using the Probes, and he recommends them without reservations (one can always spend more $$ on anything). He tells me they could handle anything less than 1,000 properly tuned and fueled whp. I was going to go with the Probe pistons. In fact, we ordered them and then waited two months. However, Probe Industries recently told us they won't have any 7M pistons until late February, which is way too long.But yeah, $350/set isn't bad at all. Rings not included.

PD: I understand Probe Industries is owned by the son of whoever owns Ross Racing. YMMV.

Last edited:

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
If they are building them on the Honda design shown on the Probe site, it's going to be interesting to see the final product.

Nice deep skirt where it counts. Fully cut skirts on the sides where you don't need material anyway.

Reinforced webbing to support the material around the pin bores. Better pins are available.

Rings are up to you, but there are many good types out there.

I'd be willing to try a set, especially since I'd coat them :)

These look similar to the Wiesco 7M pistons I've seen before.

My ROSS pistons have held up quite well, but they have more mass, and I doubt they would fail short of running very lean for an extended period of time. (Melt down v/s fail due to defect in design or materials.)

Nobody has built a 7M with Probe parts then? (As if nobody knows the "looks like a Probe" commnent we have all been floated from time to time... LOL)

Cya

Aug 12, 2005
Columbia, S.C>
sorry to bring up an old thread, why dont 7m owners use arias? i know a few people who swear by them, one of them being a fellow 7m lover. he swore by them.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I'm not sure - Bryan Maloof over @ Maloof Racing suggesting steering me away from the Arias, as well.

Any word on the Probes? They available yet?

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Doward said:
Any word on the Probes? They available yet?

Yea did anyone end up going with these? I'm looking into internals in the next few weeks and that price looks great if they can handle the power of the other big names.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I just got off the phone with one of the Techs @ Probe - they will be ready in about 2 weeks. They have 20 that are on the list of being built (in .50mm oversize) and they are also going to be building a set that are 1.0mm oversized. Using 1.2/1.2/2.8 rings. No word on weight yet.

Always good to have more options!