forged pistons and con rods?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
any forged piston is good and lighter than stock.

je, weisco, cp, probe. any high name brand is good. probe are the only ones that are under 500$ and since they came out have zero complaints.

if you have done any kind of search you have known that stock rods have been pushed to over 700hp with a good tune.

TROY

Feb 14, 2008
saskatchewan
yeah... i will admit i done next to nothing for rearch.. i just have broken a stock rod before and just had a piston break some how... making noises that it never should. Have yet to pull the motor cuz it just happened today when i was snow wheeling

p.s. my 7mgte is in a 85 pickup with 38 inch boggers etc.....

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
well did you run low on oil? did you blow the hg and let water get to the bearings?

we need more info and you need to do more research. not to be a dick or anything but really the stock block can handle upwards of over 500hp if tuned correctly. stock hg is another thing but to switch to a mhg you need to disassemble the block to properly get the block machined.

TROY

Feb 14, 2008
saskatchewan
stock motor and ct 26.... running 15psi... engine has victor gaskets and ARP head bolts toqured to 85 ft lb

bearings were good the last time i had it apart, never had water or antifreeze in the oil

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
so what are you asking? stock block you can throw any ct at it no prob. just a hint at the top right there is a search and it has everything you want to know. middle to bottom there is the subject matter section with the different parts of the car. what you are asking is very vague and can be searched very easily.

not to be a search hound but your not being very descriptive and is a general question and that just looking around you can find your answer for yourself.

TROY

Feb 14, 2008
saskatchewan
lol.... my only question was what brands should i look at for pistons and rods... which u answered in ur first post.... which i will thank u for now.

heres a little something the truck gets put through on a regular basis when its not broken.

[video=youtube;QMRq0cOLgf8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMRq0cOLgf8[/video]

thanks again for the help

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Probe only has one problem. The edge of the pistons needs to be smooth down a little with some light grade sandpaper. Something very minor.