Flip Flop Hoods

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
what would be cooler, in my opinion, is a set of hinges allowing it to open like a subaru bonnet.... ie. all the way back, when required...

from memory, some mercedes gas struts had a clip to stop the bonnet opening at the normal height, or you pop the clip when you need more access, like when changing the battery, which is right up at the windshield, with that clip popped, you can open the bonnet to vertical, same as a subaru bonnet when you put the stay in the bracket on top of the strut tower...

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
staticpage;1347308 said:
in order for it to lift up like that I would think you'd have to remove the crash safety hooks. not cool at all.

and if this hinge failed your in for a wold of repair cost for a windscreen and the body panels it takes out

Not saying your wrong, or right. I was just reading a little about them on the site, and it says they use the stock mounting hardware, and the hood still can open in the normal manner. This might indicate that the hooks can stay on, but I saw no specific info about that.

Last edited:

hockysa

rayall01;1347605 said:
Not saying your wrong, or right. I was just reading a little about them on the site, and it says the use the stock mounting hardware, and the hood still can open in the normal manner. This might indicate that the hooks can stay on, but I saw no specific info about that.

Yeah that's my impression aswell. But i've asked for more info

and to the person who said they'd rathe spend $400 on a cf bonnet. point me in the right direction please.

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
hockysa;1347233 said:
I like how you haev acces to the whole engine bay, I thouht that was very convenient.

You pretty much have access to the whole engine bay like you would taking off the bonnet. Except you dont have to take off the whole bonnet.

here's a beter picture
6057370286_large.jpg

I like it! I don't need to buy a sunshade anymore!

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
hockysa;1347233 said:

I fail to see how this would make your vehicle more attractive at a show. However, with tinted fronts and the hood up you could get away with banging an import model in the front seat :naughty:

On second thought; how much are these again?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
This would be better if you're doing something extreme:

2880006067_a565ceca6a.jpg

:)drool: e30 M3)

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
why not just take your struts off and lay it agin the windshield, heck you could have all your stickers under the hood of all your sponsers :dunno::eek:ffwall::: tumbleweed ::::toothless::

hockysa

shaeff;1348135 said:
This would be better if you're doing something extreme:

2880006067_a565ceca6a.jpg

:)drool: e30 M3)

don't think that'd work as the A70 bonnet doesnt extend all the way to the front of the car. So it wont have an area for the edge to hang off.. unless you put hinges on the nose piece.

also i think everyones impression is that im doing this for looks. my engine bay is far from showroom quality i wanted this for convenience working on the engine bay