Flip Flop Hoods

hockysa

Hey guys and girls,

Anyone seen these flip flop hoods, I'm thinking about getting one of these kits sent down to Australia. But they seem relatively new and there's not much information or pictures on them.

This is what I'm after http://www.scissor-doors.com/flip-flop-hood.php

What you guys think? I'd like to see more pictures of course.
The company claims that you can still open your hinge normally and flip the hood from a mechanical switch.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
I've seen this on cars before - there is also a trunk version available as well.

Canuckrz is correct... the hood on the Supra is considerably longer than the hood on the average 4-banger (that this "mod" was designed for). The hood would cover so much of the engine when "open" that it wouldn't even make sense to open the hood in the first place.

That being said...

IF this floats your boat then do it.

As for me? Not my cup of tea - and I'm guessing most people here will likely agree with me.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
The FLIP FLOP HOOD it a completely custom bolt-on kit that uses your existing latches and locks with no modifications necessary, and bolts directly to your existing hood hinge mounting points.

How can it be bolt-on if it's completely custom? And nice proof reading going on at that website...

hockysa

I like how you haev acces to the whole engine bay, I thouht that was very convenient.

You pretty much have access to the whole engine bay like you would taking off the bonnet. Except you dont have to take off the whole bonnet.

here's a beter picture
6057370286_large.jpg

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
in order for it to lift up like that I would think you'd have to remove the crash safety hooks. not cool at all.

and if this hinge failed your in for a wold of repair cost for a windscreen and the body panels it takes out