Final Fantasy XII

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
SupraOfDoom said:
HAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHHAHAH LOOLLLOOLL!! your joking right?

yes and no. I like 8 more than 7. If you like 7 more, then cool.

and yes, i liked squalls limit better. It was unique to different enemies isntead of being the same thing everytime.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
SupraOfDoom said:
Cloud at level 99 >> Squal at level 100, stop kidding yourself.

I think squall is actually better:
Properly junctioned he has more HP than cloud could ever have.

Also 8>7.

While were on it: Omega weapon > Emerald + Ruby weapon.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Yellow 13 said:

Also 8>7.

fuck omega weapon. he can kiss my ass. getting squalls final weapon was NOT worth the headache of beating that fucker.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Yellow 13 said:

Also 8>7.

The band wagon, stfu is all gotta say to that. I liked FFVII and picked up randomly knowing nothing about the game. Seriously, I didnt see my dad for 12 years and randomly in rehab in the hospital he gave me $100 for xmas and birthday... I went to best buy and bought FFVII completely out of the blue never hearing a peep about even FF before. After 10 hours I was so amazed I skipped school to play it for over a week. I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, just giving it what it damn well deserves. FF8 was so flawed I can't put it above VII sorry... BUT I STILL LOVED IT so who cares.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
for not being a FF fan, ill tell you. I've played 7,8,9,X and X-2 (i hate the x series...) and out of all of them 7 was the most enjoyable for a Faster-paced gaming fan.
OT
Does anyone here play unreal tournament? ;)

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
FFVII was alright, it's up there on my favorites list, and I like IX sooooooooo much better than VIII and I thought it was just a tad bit suckier than than VII (having to keep crap ass weapons equiped until you finally learned the ability it held SUCKED). But XII definitely rapes them all. Oh yeah, and X was a total let down for me

But out of the FF series I think IV is my favorite, but I can't play it anymore. Just little things relating to gameplay that happen that I can't tolerate anymore, haha.

Xenogears was alright, but I couldn't get over how blurry everything was. haha, it was so hard to differentiate between stuff sometimes

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
SupraDerk said:
Xenogears was alright, but I couldn't get over how blurry everything was. haha, it was so hard to differentiate between stuff sometimes

It wasn't that bad. Once you get over the fact that xenogears had to take a backseat to all the marketing and shit that went into FF7, you can appreciate the game much more. The 2Dness of the game didn't take anything away from the whole for me. And Fei is a much more interesting and complex character than any other I've seen in an RPG. but that's me... the story was much more interesting to me as well. Incorporated religion, slavery, and things like that

FF12 is blowing everything else away so far. Matt can say 'well you don't know until you finish' but I really don't have to... I knew in about 5 hours or so I liked FF8 more than 7 and felt the same when I finished. I can say the same about xenogears and the legend of dragoon(a title most people never heard of but should know and play)

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
I played Xenogears before FFVII at my friends house a lot. I thought the story was interesting and I loved the Gears, but the blurryness (even when I hadn't seen FFVII) killed it for me. When I eventually bought my own PS, I bought FFVII and Xenogears and for me VII raped Xenogears, I couldn't stop playing VII where Xenogears felt like a chore to play.

Legend of Dragoon was a pretty cool game. I never finished it, but every once and awhile I pull it out and play through it a little more.

So far on the Playstation, my favorite RPG series has been Lunar. Both were basically the same story, and both predictable as hell, but as a whole I loved them (especially the music, really catchy).

Threads of Fate is another cool PS RPG that people should own

---------------------------

But yeah, FFXII is freaking amazing. I really don't like praising a game as much as I do this one (especially in the current sea of crap ass games)...but I just can't find bad things about this game. I just freaking love it.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
SupraDerk said:
I played Xenogears before FFVII at my friends house a lot. I thought the story was interesting and I loved the Gears, but the blurryness (even when I hadn't seen FFVII) killed it for me. When I eventually bought my own PS, I bought FFVII and Xenogears and for me VII raped Xenogears, I couldn't stop playing VII where Xenogears felt like a chore to play.

Legend of Dragoon was a pretty cool game. I never finished it, but every once and awhile I pull it out and play through it a little more.

So far on the Playstation, my favorite RPG series has been Lunar. Both were basically the same story, and both predictable as hell, but as a whole I loved them (especially the music, really catchy).

Threads of Fate is another cool PS RPG that people should own

---------------------------

But yeah, FFXII is freaking amazing. I really don't like praising a game as much as I do this one (especially in the current sea of crap ass games)...but I just can't find bad things about this game. I just freaking love it.

I've played all of those RPG's and liked most of them. I pretty much like racing games and RPG's. I actually liked FFX for it's story, pretty good story (I guess voice acting put RPG's into a whole new level). FF X-2 sucked ass. I like FF7 more than FF8, but I still think Squall could kick Cloud's ass any day of the week ;). Lion Heart limit break (executed correctly) owns the omnislash.

Never Played FF11, the whole internet based gaming kinda killed it for me. I Don't have FF12 yet....YET. When I have some time I'll buy it and play it little-by-little. I'm currently playing Dirge of Cerberus (sucks major ass BTW).

Legen of Dragoon: Played the demo version back when it was new and loved it, just never bought it.

Xenosaga: Played it a little, I'm more used to FF, but I may buy the whole series one of these days....