Final Fantasy XII

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
I never saw a thread on this over here, there was one on SF, but is anyone over here playin it?

I think this...well, I take that back... I KNOW that this is my FAVORITE game since the SNES. I was kind of skeptical of how it was gonna be after FFX, and XI (FF on PS2 to me has sucked until now)... but so far this game has been nothing but pleasant surprises. The battle system is genius, the game is GORGEOUS, the story is amazing so far and Square-Enix actually took the time out of their day to focus on something most companies don't anymore...gameplay! I actually plan my day around this game now (lol, it's sad but refreshing at the same time, it's been a long time since I've done it)

How does everyone else like it?

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
supraman7mgte said:
I wish they would hurry up and get to the FINAL fasntasy. the boring-ass game,the dum-ass movie,dayam

If you don't care for the games then why would you care what number they're on? And you know there's been more than one game and movie right?

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
I used to play RPG's back in the day. I got tired of them once I started getting into FPS, RPG's just felt way to slow and the stories were always the same. Last RPG I played was the first Xenosaga which I thought was pretty good but I loaned it out before I beat it (was at the very end) and I never got it back.

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Xenosaga made me want to kill myself. haha, the cutscenes in Episode I were wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long. Only played part of the second one and didn't really feel like getting into the third, heh.

I guess the people of Supramania just aren't RPG folk

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
I just started playing it today (though one of my roommates got it the day it came out). I like it so far. Generally I just play the FF games for the story, though the battle system seems to be pretty good in this one.

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
i just picked up a copy of it too just recently. Its pretty fun so far and im enjoying it. Though not sure if this new style of battling is cool or not. I like it but I also liked the old skool way. Also I don't think square will ever make a FF that is even close to the qualtiy as ff7 or 8 ever!

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
doom26464 said:
i just picked up a copy of it too just recently. Its pretty fun so far and im enjoying it. Though not sure if this new style of battling is cool or not. I like it but I also liked the old skool way. Also I don't think square will ever make a FF that is even close to the qualtiy as ff7 or 8 ever!

ff12 is already better than 7 and 8. Play it for a while.

I don't know why everyone thinks 7 is so amazing and can't be touched.

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
OneJoeZee said:
ff12 is already better than 7 and 8. Play it for a while.

I don't know why everyone thinks 7 is so amazing and can't be touched.
7 just has such a great story, cooler characters, a well put together battle system, and for its time it is good. Sometimes I wish I could erase my memory just to play it over again and re live the excitment.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
the story is ok. 8 was a better/more complex story. xenogears was a far better/more complex story. so far ff12 is much better than 7's story and I'm only ~20 hours in.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Joe, I wouldn't even judge the game untill you beat it considering the ending or final bosses might suck ass. 7 will be untouchable in the sense that its the most appealing easy to get into straight forward RPG ever made. The characters, the materia system, the music, was perfect for an all around RPG not completely focusing on one aspect of an RPG. I loved 8 alot, damn near the amount I love FFVII, but FFVIII had MANY more flaws then FFVII, which made it less of a good all around game. The simple fact that if you go too far in the game and can't go back to get many useful items is just stupid. I could really break the game down if I played it over again, although I will always love it. As far as Xenogears goes I'm going to pick up a copy on ebay, I always wanted to get it but never have. I've recently started picking up old PS1 games I miss, like Destruction Derby 1 + 2, as well as Jumping Flash if anyone remembers that game!