FFI no ISC and standalone

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
there should be ZERO reason not to run the ISC stepper control with ANY standalone. Clean up... sorry I don't buy it as it is 6 18 guage wires.. not alot of wire to begin with ;)

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
weld a bung for an an fitting, and create a flange for the isc to sit under the manifold from a old stock mani, and put a small filter on it

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
QWIKSTRIKE said:
Yes but the check valve is in the intake manifold. Its that plastic piece thats there when you take off the2 ISC bolts. Forit to work I would also have to cut that part off of the manifold.

That is what Ron does to adapt the ISC to his FFI ;)

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
figgie said:
That is what Ron does to adapt the ISC to his FFI ;)

I am going to for go this and put it on a remote cube from what I have researched works in the megasquirt forum. I also found out some Corvettes used a threaded 4 wire unit that can be tapped into the manifold. The Electromotive site sells a simular setup also.;)

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
QWIKSTRIKE said:
I am going to for go this and put it on a cube from what I have researched works in the megasquirt forum. I also found out corvettes used a threaded in 4 wire unit

Corvette no.. GM ;)

Ford does also. 4 wire IAC which is what the tec3 handles nativley.

Also if you use a Ford based 4 wire.... then the picture below will help with mounting and routing. That piece is available through Electromotive-inc or any other Tec3 reseller.

Attachments

• IAC_Mount.JPG
    IAC_Mount.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 35

QWIKSTRIKE

Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
figgie said:
Corvette no.. GM ;)

Also if you use a Ford based 4 wire.... then the picture below will help with mounting and routing. That piece is available through Electromotive-inc or any other Tec3 reseller.

Figgie you are the best!

Thanks
Anthony

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
We made a similar box to that one for my dad's ffim. It works fine with the stock isc and check valve. We used a weathertight single gang box and it has two 1/4 plates on which the valve is mounted. the first plate fits the seal and check valve, and the second plate is holds the check valve in place. The total cost was around $6...

QWIKSTRIKE

Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
IHI-RHC7 said:
We made a similar box to that one for my dad's ffim. It works fine with the stock isc and check valve. We used a weathertight single gang box and it has two 1/4 plates on which the valve is mounted. the first plate fits the seal and check valve, and the second plate is holds the check valve in place. The total cost was around $6...

That one that Figgie posted is my baby, but would love to see yours!

QWIKSTRIKE

Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
figgie said:
Corvette no.. GM ;)

My friend here is using the ford ISC in place of the stock ISC. Its way more attractive and he says it idles better than stock.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
QWIKSTRIKE said:
My friend here is using the ford ISC in place of the stock ISC. Its way more attractive and he says it idles better than stock.

Is there any way you could get me the specifics on what Ford IAC he is using, I've been looking for one that is readily available and not too expensive, but i'm not getting anywhere after going to every auto parts place in town plus hours of research online.