Experts - take a look at this bearing

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
7M4EVR;1934684 said:
Why did it only run for 200 miles? How could you tell u needed to pull it apart again from just scratches on a main bearing? Just curious of what the symptoms were.
After the first start-up and letting it warm up, etc. I removed the oil and oil filter. I cut open the oil filter and it had tons of tiny metal particles in it. The engine sounded fine at this point. I knew at that point that it was just a matter of time. Shortly after the engine started developing a very light knock at around 1500RPM.

I removed the engine shortly after and as you can see by the pics I posted above, there was light damage to the main bearings mostly. I'm very anal and pay close attention to details and did everything possible within my knowledge to make sure everything was within specs, etc. I neglected to clean out 2 items, the crankshaft on the inside and the oil cooler I can't remember for the life of me if I cleaned it or not.

I'm leaning more towards the crankshaft as I mentioned in earlier posts.

Nick M;1934793 said:
.02mm is the spec for not being round enough. That is way way smaller than 10 or 20 under. The book also says grind and polish (they assume you won't over do it) or throw it away.

thanks for the info Nick!

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Yeah I've heard a lot of horror stories pike yours. I've got so much money into mine that I'm scared to put it together for fear of having a situation like yours..

I'm triple cleaning everything, going extremely slow on assembly, measuring clearances over and over. And replacing everything that has to do with the oiling system. With a little luck there is a 50/50 chance I will have a long lasting 7m lol