Exhaust question

thebadz32

Mar 16, 2008
Louisville Ky,
Well i live in kentucky and we have done away with emisions laws for right now. I have an exhaust leak that ill be getting fixed so while it was getting the exhaust work done i want to remove eaither the resanator or the cat. which would i gain the most from removeing? This is an n/a car with stock exhaust except for a magnaflow muffler

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Not going to have much gains either way (as you're N/A)

Removing the resonator is going to make it drone, BADLY. Drone gets maddening on the highway. Removing the cat won't give you any gains unless it's clogged (which I doubt if it's passed the sniffer test all this time).

Personally, I'd fix what's wrong and if you do decide to go turbo you can just swap the entire thing out for a better exhaust...

thebadz32

Mar 16, 2008
Louisville Ky,
i dont know if its passed the vet or not we dont have one of those anymore in kentucky and its just way to quiet as of now its crazy how quiet those magnaflow mufflers are any other thoughts on this

Who

Supramania Contributor
Poodles;1021202 said:
Not going to have much gains either way (as you're N/A)

Removing the resonator is going to make it drone, BADLY. Drone gets maddening on the highway. Removing the cat won't give you any gains unless it's clogged (which I doubt if it's passed the sniffer test all this time).

Personally, I'd fix what's wrong and if you do decide to go turbo you can just swap the entire thing out for a better exhaust...

On a side note I noticed you ordered a exhaust from Raptor. Any opinions or pics on it yet. I am considering a purchase for myself from Raptor or Tanabe.
Eager to see what you think.... Don't be scared I'm not a stalker.:biglaugh:

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i wouldnt remove anything =/ i would worry more about when you are going to turbocharge that bad boy