Exhaust down pipe diffrent on rhd?

xnuclear23

Nov 6, 2010
California SoCal
Yeah you have to be careful when buying those downpipes off eBay, many people have bought that downpipe thinking it's for an MK3 when it is actually for the MK2

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The sellers don't know what it is. It's one of the reasons it's better to go with a vendor that knows your car so this doesn't happen.

ebay seller is sending me a prepaid return shipping label.

I think I'm gonna try my luck with that second link in my post

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

for future reference: here is what the pipe I'm ordering looks like

Lbs6v.jpg

Last edited:

digihonk82

Mar 28, 2011
Olathe, KS
I've actually read thru this ebay ad and there is a disclaimer stating the downpipe is for a right hand drive vehicle and in the US it will require fabrication :D

mstgeer;1760658 said:
Just an fyi, the pipe in the picture is missing the divider plate bewteen the pipes. Kind of defeats the purpose of the divorced pipe without it.
I'm aware of the missing divider plate, but I don't have many more options...at least not at this price range

digihonk82;1760660 said:
I've actually read thru this ebay ad and there is a disclaimer stating the downpipe is for a right hand drive vehicle and in the US it will require fabrication :D
I must suck at reading because I don't see that disclaimer on either of the ebay ads that I've linked.
The closes thing I can find is: "This is JDM customed directly fit your 86-93 Supra/Cressida 7MGTE/7MGE"
on this ad: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyo...odel:Supra&hash=item1e614e2af2#ht_6574wt_1018

Hopefully someone who has the second pipe I linked will chime in and let us know if it is a direct bolt on.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
HKS downpipe works fine on our cars though. Still looks just like the MKII downpipes and the idiots don't know the difference.