Exhaust Cutout Anyone?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
theKnifeArtist said:
come on supramanians, you guys awake?

If I didn't hate the way the car sounded with open DP, I might consider it. And taking off the rest of the exhaust moved the power up much higher in the RPM range, it was rediculous to me. I'll keep the catback on.. Not worth the top end gain. I'll just turn the boost up a bit and feel it everywhere in the RPM.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
theKnifeArtist said:
nah, im not gonna go all out and pay for electronic dump, undoing wingnuts is fine for me.
and when you get a ticket for excessive noise with open dp, you'll wish u had an electric cutout. Seriously open dp will shatter the windows of stores from over 4 blocks away, what makes you think cops wont pull you over? With this u can drive how you please, when you please and no need to go under the car to unbolt the screws when a civic is revving at you in the lane beside you at a stoplight.
as always my .02
-Thomas

90SupraMike

Aug 1, 2006
Van Nuys, CA
i have a manual one and i love it. no problems with cops either. scared the shit out fo some guy and pissed him off whne i was on the freeway.

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
90SupraMike said:
i have a manual one and i love it. no problems with cops either. scared the shit out fo some guy and pissed him off whne i was on the freeway.

how much exhaust escapes out the muffler when you got this badboy uncapped? i always wondered that..where do you have it placed? do you have a picture?

90SupraMike

Aug 1, 2006
Van Nuys, CA
well enough comes out the muffler that it still kinda sounds muffledfromt he back. i have it placed where my cat used to be (now its jsut a test pipe with the cut out). i dont have a pic of it though.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
ATP-ACS-010_450.jpg

the standard ones the mccord is the best imo. the only downfall is most of them the biggest they have is 3"

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
and how much does that cost? looks expensive. theres QTP electric cut outs on ebay for 150ish. i can always bolt those on where the manual cap would go later on.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i'll be using a mccord powerplate. dr. jonez recommended it to me. :)

-shaeff

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
CryoSlash said:
Seriously open dp will shatter the windows of stores from over 4 blocks away

:rofl:

I ran open DDP for most of the summer and never had any problems with cops or shattering windows.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Loki said:
:rofl:

I ran open DDP for most of the summer and never had any problems with cops or shattering windows.
really? i remember one night i was at the local wendy's when all of a sudden i hear a faint sound, but loud enough for me to notice it. surely enough it was my friend boosting over 4 blocks down...
tookwik4u89 said:
I plan on adding that too.....it doesnt come on a cut out though, right?? Just the plate.
from what ive seen its just a plate, but it should be hella easy to make a cutout welded onto your dp for it. Oh and incase anyone is wondering i ordered mine about 2 weeks ago :icon_razz

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
theKnifeArtist said:
and how much does that cost? looks expensive. theres QTP electric cut outs on ebay for 150ish. i can always bolt those on where the manual cap would go later on.

the one i posted is $285

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I had a cutout on my exhaust but I sold it.

It was just a homemade cap that went over a 3" Y pipe....held on by 2 screws on each side...and it was angled enough so that you could get up under the car and take it off in just a few seconds.

I miss it. :(

*edit* I won't lie...I love loudness. :) I ran open cutout for months in a row...no problems with cops or anything...then ran open downpipe (about a foot shorter) for about a month....and most recently decided to run open TURBO.

In car, it's MUCH MUCH quieter than Open DP/Cutout, and the sound of turbo spool at every RPM is.......for lack of better words....tits. :)