Engine Bay before and after: Powdercoating FTW!

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i go crazy with the powder coating myself too.it's not that much money to get started.i have a dedicated house stove and powder booth in my basement.the sand blaster is in my garage,which seem's to make the bigger mess.it's a nice easy way to clean thing's up and is very durable.i've also got about 25 different color's to play with,but tend to stick with the single stage reflective chrome and mirror black.

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
tsuper92;1255314 said:
i go crazy with the powder coating myself too.it's not that much money to get started.i have a dedicated house stove and powder booth in my basement.the sand blaster is in my garage,which seem's to make the bigger mess.it's a nice easy way to clean thing's up and is very durable.i've also got about 25 different color's to play with,but tend to stick with the single stage reflective chrome and mirror black.

I haven't had good results with any single stage chrome powders, they aren't nearly as durable as they need to be. Clearcoating always dulls it down a wee bit, but it's necessary for a durable finish.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
Poodles;1255057 said:
Damn nice, it looks anodized.

now THATS fun :D played around with that for a school science project, turned out to be pretty easy for a finish we couldn't touch with anything. anodized some aluminum roofing nails and put em through the ringer.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
Got some more done today and threw it in my lightbox for pics so they can put them on the website:

p1256696_1.jpg

p1256696_2.jpg

mk3design

The Name is Snakes
Jul 1, 2006
Arizona
Ive only done solid colors so far... when doing a chrome/transparent color overlay do you bake the chrome then go back and do the transparent? Or do you do the chrome then color and bake it all at once?