Eliminating Oil Cooler for Good?

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Installing an aftermarket is similar to eliminating the stock cooler. If you get the NA oil filter stud it replaces your filter adapter thing. From here you can just put a filter on, however, it may not fit as the filter will be parallel to the block. If you use a relocation kit it would work better.

Did you break your cooler or something?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Most older Honda's don't have one, so you don't need it.

It can go in the pile of VSV's, charcoal canister, EGR valve, you know, all shit you don't need.

Last edited:

jsnowman76

In need of another supra
Oct 17, 2006
Elk grove, CA
I call ............ BS. There is a point that they call operating temp. which is the best, but the correct opeating temp is made with the help of the oil cooler.

just because some shitty old Honda doesnt have one, does not mean that is a good idea to take it out.:3d_frown:

That is why it a honda and not a supra.

supra... built for performance.

honda... built for gas savings.

if you want your supra to be like a honda, then go buy a honda and hand over the keys to your supra.

oh well you can be the judge. if you want to take it out and ruin your stuff, go ahead, but if something goes wrong dont whine about it here.

Jdub: +1 for the picture

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
jsnowman76 said:
I call ............ BS. There is a point that they call operating temp. which is the best, but the correct opeating temp is made with the help of the oil cooler.

just because some shitty old Honda doesnt have one, does not mean that is a good idea to take it out.:3d_frown:

That is why it a honda and not a supra.

supra... built for performance.

honda... built for gas savings.

if you want your supra to be like a honda, then go buy a honda and hand over the keys to your supra.

oh well you can be the judge. if you want to take it out and ruin your stuff, go ahead, but if something goes wrong dont whine about it here.

Jdub: +1 for the picture
im pretty sure that Nick was being very sarcastic:biglaugh:

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
s turbo 87 said:
I havent had an oil cooler on my car for 6 months now and about 4k miles...everything seems fine to me.

And it will...for a while...you have not run the motor in the summer yet ;)

Oil thins out the hotter it gets...the 7M was engineered to run at an oil viscosity of 10-11 cst at 100 deg C. Over that temp, the oil will continue to drop viscosity wise. The hotter your oil is, the faster the viscosity improvers and anti-wear additives break down. Over 250 deg F, this happens at exponentially faster rate. In addition, oil volatizes faster at higher temps leading to higher oil loss from vaporization. Since your oil is running through the turbo, it is exposed to temps well above what you see inside the engine...your bearings depend on the oil for cooling...the hotter the oil is, the less this will happen. The Toyota engineers put an oil cooler on the turbo motor for a reason...you are obviously challenged to understand the reasons why.

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
MPF_Supra said:
Just seeing who all has eliminated their oil cooler? I'm seriously thinking about doing it.

You'll be parting out, yet another perfectly good supra with idea's like that.