Electric fans problem

GeneStarWindGSW

Been To The Other Side...
Mar 25, 2007
No Man's Land
www.bidmingle.com
I remember there was a thread somewhere on SM that told you how to do it. Try searching it(Search by Thread & Type Electric Fans), if not your gonna be stuck using this in ur car ;).

Electric_Fan.jpg

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Well after finally getting a replacement fan controller delivered (thanks for the link GSW) and a few trips to auto parts stores for electrical stuff I got the fans working again.

The newer version of the fan controller has some slight updates. For one it has several harness connectors instead of just being bare wire outputs. This made it easier to see what goes where.

One change I'm not too thrilled about is that they force you to have a difference of at least 20 degrees (F) between the low and high speeds. This made programming a bit of a pain. Every time I set the high speed it would just blink all the lights at me (meaning "standby state"). After several attempts I found that I could set the high, let the car cool, then go through programming again setting just the low. It seems to have worked the way, the low speed kicks in where I set it. However due to the previous attempts at spreading the range the high was still at about 210 degrees. I couldn't get the car that hot to test if the second fan would come on.

I figure that's probably a bit too hot for the high setting. I think I'll reprogram for around 200 degrees. For now it stays pretty cool with just one fan running, as I have a Koyo aluminum radiator installed. :)

Thanks for all your help guys!