Electric fan hookup???

elrodbrandon

May 10, 2009
florida
where can i wire my electric cooling fan?? I need to hook it up somewhere so when i turn the key on,the fans comes on..any suggestions..thanks.:1zhelp:

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
you could wire it into the ignition power. or if you want to be ghetto you could run it out of the fuse box from any fuse you choose that gives power only when key is "ON" position.

another way is to run a wire from the battery and use a toggle switch to control it. the only downside to that is that you may drain your battery down if you forget to turn it off.

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
where can you wire it up so it only turns on at a certain temperature what else would you need?

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
If you want to be ghetto you can buy a kit that is for thermo's and it has a temp sensor that slides into your radiator hose and you clamp the hose down over it.It has a temp switch you can adjust to your needs and is basic which is what it sounds like you need. Even comes with a wiring diagram.:1zhelp:

agp1183

Oct 31, 2006
Lansing, MI
the cheapest way to wire up an electric fan is to use a generic 85-86 87-30 relay and connect it to a 12v ignition wire and also your e-fan. that way the fan comes on whenever you turn the key on.

connect 12v switched power to 85, ground to 86, ground to 87, and e-fan ground wire to 30. Wire the positive of the e-fan directly to the battery.

Should only cost a few bucks for this relay and its available anywhere.

Hope this helps :)

supraduper

Jun 7, 2009
merrimack nh
if you use the old fan wires... meaning the small fan off to the right side of the radiator(looking from the front of vehicle)... it wont work ... as that fan is only commanded on when the a/c is running

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I don't have AC in my car (therefore, never use it) but the electric fans come on at about 205F (on my aftermarket water temp gauge). I don't know if that's early enough or not for fans to come on, but I was contemplating doing electric fans just off those plugs.