Eibach Pro Kit or Tanabe GF210 Springs?

DuckieTom

Sep 8, 2007
Long Beach, CA
I recently got new Bilstein struts (front & rear) and installed it with the stock springs I had on my 89 Supra. I removed the old TEMS System. The Bilstein raised my car a little bit higher than original stock height approx 1/4 inch. I am in need of new springs for my car.

Three things I am looking for in the new springs are:
1. Comfort (Most important)
2. Performance
3. Lowering my car but not having it too low that I would have trouble getting off my driveway or trouble going over bumps.

Eibach Pro Kit and Tanabe GF210 springs are approx. $250.00/set; each with different drop specs. Which set should I go for? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
I'm using the tanabe springs. They're not as stiff as the eibachs - at times I wish they were a bit stiffer but overall I'm reasonably happy with them. I can't comment on the drop since my shocks have height-adjustable perches.

zoppii

Pro Lurker
May 21, 2007
Palm Harbor
I'm using Tanabe springs with Tokico ILLUMINA II / TEMS and it's a great combination. I had the same issue with lowering too much with my driveway being on a hill.

DuckieTom

Sep 8, 2007
Long Beach, CA
The Bilstein i got are yellow with blue letters on them. They are not height adjustable. I got 2 fronts and 2 rear NIB for $130.00 clearance at a Toyota Dealer in Carlsbad. I brought it because my stocks were giving out.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
i have height adj. bilsteins with eibachs. there not low enough for my taste and they dont handle in the turns that great.

i would rather have the h&r's with the bilsteins. personal pref tho.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
eibachs here with tokico hps, love the height, could be a lil bit lowered but not much more. Love the ride, firm and stick to the ground.

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
Got the tanabe here and overall it is basically what you wanted in my opinion but then again I Like my cars really aggressive so it's not quite my fav, but also I've never ridden on eibach (other than on my wifes focus which handles amazing after that) so I can't really say bout them in a supra

DuckieTom

Sep 8, 2007
Long Beach, CA
Ok guys, I finally got it all done. Replaced my stocks springs with the Eibach Pro Kit #8211.140 and used the Bilstein struts I recently installed. The car handles quite well on the turns. The height is not too low which is just how I like it.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.