ecu reprogram

car2

Jan 31, 2006
las cruces, NM
I am going nuts trying to find a place that can reprogram my ECU. think you guys can help me out? I just need some really basic things changed. No new fuel maps or anything. even if you have just you just recall hearing about a place that does it, please let me know. :1zhelp:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
yes we can

one search

two

on the 7m motor regarldess if it is turbo or not. No such thing exist. What you are looking for is the techtom/g-forece ecu UPGRADE which is around $1000 but since G-force no longer exist. The techtom places might still be able to help you out. Otherwise standalone is it.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
i contacted techtom before when they were on the forums and they even told me that their upgrades are hit or miss. best bet is to watch the f/s section and ebay and look for a blitz or mines "tuned" ecu. usually runs about 400+ depending

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Yes the chip inside our ecu's can not be reprogramed or burned.

Don't ever fall into the JET ecu trap either.

The only way to alter the maps is:

-SAFC or something of the like
-Standalone
-Mines ECU or equiv

car2

Jan 31, 2006
las cruces, NM
crap! I was afraid of something like that. rumor has it that there is a guy here in el paso that got his reprogrammed some place on the east coast. I am gonna hunt him down.

blk91

Aug 29, 2005
ca
It is to my understanding that Techom/technosquare IS Geforce... A company I used to work for Put G-force out of buisness years ago in a lawsuit and then they became Technosqaure Im Fairly local to them and I know a few places that work with them and At this point I have only heard good thing about them.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
well the issue was with G-force that sometimes the reprogram would npt work but those were not very often. You can thank toyota and their dual rom design for that.

car2

Jan 31, 2006
las cruces, NM
this is really crappy. the only thing in my way right now is the darn rev limit. It would be such a waste to have to buy a stand alone just to get rid of that. I am not quitting though. I will find a way to reprogram that thing and I'll post it as soon as I do. In the mean time, if anyone hears of a place. please let me know asap.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
If your motor isn't built I wouldn't sugggest over revving unless you enjoy pistons and rods falling out of your car. I bought a VENOM 400 which wires into the car and supposedly adds power torque and advances timing slightly, I didn't ever dyno the car with just that but I do know if I turn it off I lose 12 rwhp so I assume it is doing its job.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
/\ over revving alot maybe. if your just talking about revving to 7k there is more than enough wiggle room built into the valve train to deal with it before valves float.

koulee

Oct 11, 2005
Wills7MGTE said:
If your motor isn't built I wouldn't sugggest over revving unless you enjoy pistons and rods falling out of your car. I bought a VENOM 400 which wires into the car and supposedly adds power torque and advances timing slightly, I didn't ever dyno the car with just that but I do know if I turn it off I lose 12 rwhp so I assume it is doing its job.

I'm a little confused here, you never dynoed the car but yet you knew exactly how much horsepower you were losing...?

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
koulee said:
I'm a little confused here, you never dynoed the car but yet you knew exactly how much horsepower you were losing...?

waiting on a reply to this post......

car2

Jan 31, 2006
las cruces, NM
"ecu reprogram" right?
Not "head and cam setup".
Not "which ECU I can afford".
Not "a cheap way to manage my engine".
Are you trying to sell me an stand alone? OK. The entire long block it fine for running to 8k. If I was unsure of that, I would ask about it. All I wanted to know was if anyone knew somewhere where I can have my ECU reprogrammed. I know I have heared of some place. I'll post it for everyone's info if I can find it.

N

NDBoost

^no such place exists. end of story. go spend $1k and get a AEM standalone or build your own mega squirt 2