ebay turbo manifold intercooler kit

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
supraguru05 said:
yea its been around for years but still illustrates the point. the main thing to get out of this thread is
no, that pic was made by a bunch of guys wantign to shut them down because they were outselling their products. I wish that picture woudl die and thta everyone would stop believeing everythign on the internet.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I PERSONALY KNOW people who have run these "ebay" turbos on their Hondas, both have lasted years and have been making rediculous power. The turbos did not smoke, nor did the seals instantly "blow out". Granted, you can only expect so much, as they've never ran over 12psi, but it fits the application perfectly, and performs better than expected.

madseacow

Apr 2, 2005
Buda, Tx
CryoSlash said:
no, that pic was made by a bunch of guys wantign to shut them down because they were outselling their products. I wish that picture woudl die and thta everyone would stop believeing everythign on the internet.
I hope you realize the irony in saying this

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
hottscennessey said:
I PERSONALY KNOW people who have run these "ebay" turbos on their Hondas, both have lasted years and have been making rediculous power. The turbos did not smoke, nor did the seals instantly "blow out". Granted, you can only expect so much, as they've never ran over 12psi, but it fits the application perfectly, and performs better than expected.

and with over 300hp in a teggy should be fun for that price.

I will start a new thread arround x-mas break as I will be experimenting with ebay turbos on a teggy and on a supra.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Just install it, create a thread on Supra build up/gallery, and keep us posted. Include all experiences... good and bad. Include details of installation, power output, and a log to keep us posted on its performance. Report any malfunction if any. Thanks for going out on a limb and trying this kit. Good luck and have fun. If the turbo doesn't work out then at least you get a good manifold and I/C out of it. You can always replace the turbo with another T4 turbo and run it on that manifold.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Suprapowaz!(2) said:
Just install it, create a thread on Supra build up/gallery, and keep us posted. Include all experiences... good and bad. Include details of installation, power output, and a log to keep us posted on its performance. Report any malfunction if any. Thanks for going out on a limb and trying this kit. Good luck and have fun. If the turbo doesn't work out then at least you get a good manifold and I/C out of it. You can always replace the turbo with another T4 turbo and run it on that manifold.

:werd:

mrsoup

Jan 24, 2006
LONDON
ok guys i got the kit and all i can say is wow. the turbo isnt held together with glue far from it infact all the kit is very well made i ended up with a turbo a manifold a waiste gate a blow of valve a 3 inch down pipe an air filter and a wastegate pipe . also in the kit are all the turbo oil lines and an afpr also with all the fuel lines . im sure that stuff about the turbo must have bin rubbish , oh almost forgot also got a massive intercooler . i also oreder a maf-t pro kit from rull extreme psi , oh and a wide band kit from tek edge also a tig welder . im gonna be bizzy guys:naughty: :naughty: :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Thats a lot parts for little money.. Now do your self a favor and sell your turbo and wastegate...That will save you from lots of potential problems in the future.

Boss302

May 2, 2006
Mobile, Al
MRSUPRA said:
Thats a lot parts for little money.. Now do your self a favor and sell your turbo and wastegate...That will save you from lots of potential problems in the future.

the whole point to this is to experiment did you not read just curious.

onefstsupra89

Sep 12, 2006
Winston Salem , NC
good luck man i really hope it works because some of "US" who dont have alot of money or live at home or live off daddys pocket can use a cheap kit..... alot of people who tell you to get the expensive stuff is because they either dont have BILLS or get $ from daddy....lol

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Theres nothing wrong with experimenting or saving money. I just know from experience that when you take chances with unproven parts that are dealing with boost, it can cost you an engine. My low compression engine is proof (thanks to cheap wastegate lines that melted causing 29 pounds of boost). Good luck and be carefull.

KINGPIN33

Apr 3, 2005
Canada
onefstsupra89 said:
good luck man i really hope it works because some of "US" who dont have alot of money or live at home or live off daddys pocket can use a cheap kit..... alot of people who tell you to get the expensive stuff is because they either dont have BILLS or get $ from daddy....lol

I do live off daddy's cash, however I'm mad cheap and know I shouldn't pour too much money into my car that's very old... That's just me though. I am interested to know how this thing goes!

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I'm curious to see the photos somewhere other than Ebay, or ebay haters websites.

I would replace the hot side housing on that turbo, more than likely it's a P trim? Not sure however, but with some simple measurements of the exhaust wheel, and a turbo dealer could tell you what trim exhaust wheel you have.

Then I would buy a housing that is more like .65 or .70 to keep spool up in a very power rich range for the 7MGTE. (Too large and you run out of RPM on the stock computer, to small and you get too much boost down low and that can cause problems.)

Post up some pics when you get a chance.