ebay turbo manifold intercooler kit

mrsoup

Jan 24, 2006
LONDON
hi folks has any body got one of the kits from ebay its from xs power and stone mountain racing , i just got one 455 us dollars . any body fitted it ????? is it any good

Attachments

• 0a110661.jpg
    0a110661.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 151

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I don't see how they can sell it for so cheap. I wouldn't be expecting it to last forever. The quality can't be that good for such a small price. Good luck though.

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
Your gona need more piping they that they sell intercooler kits on ebay for more pipes for the FMIC.

Again with the turbos I hear many things good and bad but most of the badare from people who dont run them im going to be doing an experiment with GSR teggy and one of the ebay turbos Ill keep you guys posted.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
starscream5000 said:
Iirc the A/R's are WAY to big for any reasonable type of driving, plus you'd be surprised by how they are held together ;).
:nono: againwith this crap. people should actually buy the turbos and see for themselves and let that damn internet hoax die.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I've already read up on people's experiences with the turbo's. These coments came from people who ACTUALLY bought it. Why would I waste my money on something someone else has already had a bad experience with? ;)

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
starscream5000 said:
I've already read up on people's experiences with the turbo's. These coments came from people who ACTUALLY bought it. Why would I waste my money on something someone else has already had a bad experience with? ;)
for some reason, i do not wish to claim that you are lying, but it seems unlikely. My friend has a 1st gen alltrac wuth one of the 1st turbos they produced. its was a t67 or something. 30,000 kms its still kickin strong. i want to actually hear if your firends took them apart and found glue or w/e in those turbos.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
It's completely fine that some people have good experiences with the turbo, it's just that there are those who have bad experiences too. Granted everyone's going to have good and/or bad experienes with any brand Turbo (Sound Performances issues with oiling for example ;)). No single brand is perfect. From my point of view I could just spend my money on a better brand and have a better chance of having no major issues with it. Anyone is welcome to spend their money on whatever brand they like, I was just stating my point of view on the brand ;). Another thing that isn't appealing about those specific turbo's IMHO is the combinations they come up with on the A/R's and compressor sizes. Depending on what you want to do with it, it would be fine for something not street driven due to the lag.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
CryoSlash said:
:nono: againwith this crap. people should actually buy the turbos and see for themselves and let that damn internet hoax die.

first off the exhaust a/r is way to big its 1.05 or somthing around 1 inch. thats way way to big secondly the internet hoax is true the xs power turbos at some point intime were cold bonded together i think however they have fixed it and now use bolts.

p425244_1.jpg

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
Holy shit not this dumb pic again this has been floating around the internet for years now I had a brand me Garrett fail on me and I do agree the AR is to big for our application but there are other ARs out there you can get.
I personally would not buy this KIT but this pic has been around for years!

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
yea its been around for years but still illustrates the point. the main thing to get out of this thread is

1. intercooler is good
2. manifold is good (relatively)

3. the exhaust housing on the turbo would need to be swaped out so the turbo can spool a ton better

personally if you want the intercooler and manifold i say buy it a sell the turbo to a local kid